Family Touring Tents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Touring Tents

Thinking of getting a Blackwolf Turbo Lite Twin 240 for camping with the family. Does anyone have any experience with the Blackwolf Turbo Lite range? The online reviews tend to be favourable but would be good to get a fresh perspective.

I have had the turbo 300 plus in canvas for bit over 2 years.. probably spent 25-30 nights in it. . Has not missed a beat including some stays on very windy headlands and rainy nights. For its size it is quick to setup.

it is quite big which is good when the whole family are together but it is too big when only a few of us go.

in retrospect i probably may have gone the oztent if i was buying again but this does not have the same floor space.so would need two tents with the whole family which ends up an expensive option.. i think the oztent is better if you are changing camp every night but blackwolf better ifyou are staying a day or two

pros and cons to.both but definitely they are both good quality.. i recall seeing a snowys article on the website comparing the two might be worth a look

happy.shopping
    Crusade, Summit Bar, Dobinsons Monotube, BFG AT.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I ended up getting the blackwolf. Anaconda are selling the 2016 models for half price. It was too good to pass up. 😀

Comment

Turbo Lite Twin has a room on each side with a window and rollback vented curtain dividers, it is the ultimate tent if you are going for camping with family members. I also have 2 Turbo 240 tents, one for myself and another one for friends.

Comment

The Blackwolf Turbo Lite Twin 240 had its first serious rain test while camping in Gellibrand in the Otways last weekend and I'm impressed. It pretty much rained the whole of Saturday night and we were very comfortable and dry inside. We made sure nothing was touching the sides of the tent and even where the fly doesn't cover the two side compartments, there was no water ingress.

Comment

Not a Black Wolf but we just got the Coleman 10 Man Instant-up Gold Dark Room. Is a great tent, goes up in sub 5 minutes. Best bit is the kids sleep in as it's pitch black inside. No more waking up at the crack o dawn!

Comment

• tekka maki
              tekka maki commented
              Editing a comment
              Sub 5 minutes is excellent. Even though I have a turbo tent, it still takes me at least 25 minutes with the fly on my own. How much does the Coleman 10 man instant-up weigh? I was surprised how heavy these things are. Prior to kids, I'd only been camping in a 3 man dome tent and that wasn't heavy at all.
              Last edited by tekka maki; 12-05-2017, 08:59 PM.

Don't know about the Coleman but some quick tents can be very easy to put up but a pain to put down...

Comment

• tekka maki
              tekka maki commented
              Editing a comment
              The Black Wolf Turbo tent I have, because it has two side rooms off the main room, takes a bit longer to get up/down than the same tent without the side rooms, as you need to put in 4 support pieces per side but is pretty much on par for putting up versus putting down.

I have one.. i have using it for almost a year already and find it good as it was easy to assemble by anyone even my 7 years old daughter
            Ready Made Blockout Curtain

Comment

Working...
            X