Clock and middle seat questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clock and middle seat questions

Today i picked up an ex demo 2017 GX fortuner the clock on the dash is in 24/h time and i have know idea how to get it out of that or if its even possible can anyone help?
    My second question is the second row seats once they are tilted forward is there some way of holding them up or should they lock in place?

Regarding your first question - I don’t think the clock can be changed from 24 hour time.
    2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

• blatchi
      blatchi commented
      Editing a comment
      i checked the manual and couldnt find anything about it. Fark toyota come up with some dumb ideas

Hi Blatchi
    yes clock is 24hr only and middle seats when folded forward has a hidden strap tucked away that you use to secure to headrest on front seats.

Comment

blatchi; sorry & I'm not trying to be a d/head, but in case you weren't aware.... if after midday subtract 12 from the hrs time display to give you the time, eg if the clock shows 17:10 subtract 12 from the 17, so its 5:10. And yep, I agree... in this day & age you'd think you could just press a button to change such things.

Comment

• blatchi
        blatchi commented
        Editing a comment
        yeh i know working out the normal time is easy but it would be alot easier t just look at the clock and get it normally. Seriously has any one ever looked at a car radio clock and gone i wish that was in 24hr time

• DaveC
        DaveC commented
        Editing a comment
        haha, yeah. 24hr time has its place, but when you can look out the window and tell if its day or night, 12hr would be easier

Have to admit this really annoys me, we have a current shape 2015 corolla with a 12 hour clock, and a 2016 hilux with a 24 hr clock.... I get the whole minus 12 hrs crap... but you know if it's am or pm... I just want to know the time.
      very tempted to pull the clock from the corolla and put it in the hilux before we give it back and pick up a fortuner next week

Comment

• blatchi
        blatchi commented
        Editing a comment
        if you do this can you let me know if it fits and how you go might go to the wreckers and buy one if it does

Originally posted by Ih8ubarney View Post
      Have to admit this really annoys me, we have a current shape 2015 corolla with a 12 hour clock, and a 2016 hilux with a 24 hr clock.... I get the whole minus 12 hrs crap... but you know if it's am or pm... I just want to know the time.
      very tempted to pull the clock from the corolla and put it in the hilux before we give it back and pick up a fortuner next week
      sorry for the slow reply Blatchi.... im sure it could be done.... but i was too lazy.... as soon as i thought about, i assumed i'd have to pull the whole dash apart just to get to the clock (for 2 cars), and feel like i'd probably cause too much damage getting the dash appart.

Comment

Yes agree that this is annoying, ok for someone who is used to working in 24 hour format, but what about the majority of people who have never had to use this. I have had to use 24 hr format in my work for over 48 years, but my wife has to keep asking me what the time is when we are in the car. You would think that those at Toyota would have had the brains to understand this, after all, all other digital clocks I am aware of are able to be placed in either mode. After paying almost $70,000 for a car, one would think something so simple would have been added. Since purchasing mine have looked at some other similar vehicles on the market, and boy, what they are offering over the Fortuna is incredible, my sons new twin cab Ford runs rings around the Fortuna, even when you are backing with a trailer, the camera shows the track the trailer is taking, come-on Toyota, Japan is supposed to be the leaders in technology, yet other manufactures can put incredible technologies in their cars, even warnings when another car is along side you, and the car will warn you when you are drifting across the fog line, and push the car back onto to the road, vibrating the steering wheel to warn you. Unfortunately Toyota does not seem to listen to customers, I was asked to give feedback to them when I purchased the car, did so with a lot of comments which I believe they could do to improve their cars, Yep NO REPLY, sold me the car so obviously not interested in my comments or suggestions.

Comment

Working...
        X