Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot beep

Hi all

Can anyone explain how to kill the beep as the boot opens and closes? It's a slow tail gate, made worse by the beep...

Your help appreciated!!

mine is GX so dont have that feature , where is the beeper ?, there is not one shown in the wiring diagrams
    2016 GX , in White

Comment

It's right in by the actual boot lock. There is a tiny access panel on the inside, but I can only see the wires, these fat fingers cannot get at them. If I knew which colour I could maybe just snip the speaker wire...

Comment

I wouldnt cut the wire ,its most likely some sort of module with the beeper mounted inside. probably best to remove the cover and put some good sticky tape over the beeper.
        2016 GX , in White

Comment

Thank you. I was hoping not to remove the cover, I don't have much luck with little fragile plastic cover clips... Is there a wiring diagram or workshop manual around anywhere? My next question is that pesky "power" button, and how to get it "on" all the time. The truck drives so much better with it on... A first world problem eh, of not having a push a single button every trip!...

Comment

Originally posted by bigkuri View Post
            Thank you. I was hoping not to remove the cover, I don't have much luck with little fragile plastic cover clips... Is there a wiring diagram or workshop manual around anywhere? My next question is that pesky "power" button, and how to get it "on" all the time. The truck drives so much better with it on... A first world problem eh, of not having a push a single button every trip!...
            So I had the tailgate cover off today and completely forgot to cover up the beeper speaker or even look for it for that matter!!! The cover isn't all that hard to get off to be honest you just need to start at the piece that is in the middle at the top of the window, then remove the corners and then make your make way down towards the lower section of the door. It all comes apart quite easily. hen obviously just reverse the process to put t back together.

As for the PWR button. I just had mine serviced last week and asked the service manager if he could check on Techstream to disable the auto off function. Unfortunately you can't. It's back to having to press it again until someone comes up with a work around.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks very much Monaz! Appreciate it, I'll have a go at the beeper this weekend, with care (fat fingers... good on bolts, not so good on plastic!).

A pity about the power button. I may ask a sparky friend if he can bypass the actual circuit or fool it somehow....

Thanks!

<edit> why did you have the cover off anyway?

Comment

• Monaz
                Monaz commented
                Editing a comment
                No probs mate, I had the cover off so I could remove the plastic fortuner moulding between the rear taillights. I'm in a process of changing a few colours around. I might create a build thread one day soon and show you guys what I've done so far....

ive done a topic on bypassing the PWR button , basically you need a timer relay which shorts out the 2 pwr button wires approximately 3 seconds after the engine starts.
              2016 GX , in White

Comment

I'd be interested nterested to see that Monaz. Did you remove that moulding to replace it? I hate the Fortuner name. Toyota missed a trick not sticking to the "hilux SW4" designation that the car originally was. Garrantee they'd sell a lot more... Most of my workmates think I drive a 🇵🇭 made highlander... Lol

Comment

And that bloody plastic boot cover I could figure out how it's clipped in, and so how to remove it. Is there a service manual anywhere?

Comment

Righto fellas, update to the BEEP removal. I took the plastic cover off the tailgate again today and located the beeper. I've attached a few pics to help locate it. It's the BLUE push clip on the left hand side of the tailgate. I simply disconnected it and refit the small speaker thingy making sure to secure the loose wire. Done! The only thing is that it has removed all beeping sounds, including those of the acknowledgement of touching the button, but a small price to pay for the lack of that annoying sound! Hope this helps....cheers

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181026_110304.jpg
Views:	1810
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	12383

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181026_110351.jpg
Views:	1670
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	12384

Comment

That was easy, you don't even need to remove the plastic tailgate trim.
                      Just pop off the bottom left hand corner of the trim and you can see the blue connector, remove the clip with a pair of pliers and disconnect it.
                      Easy As!

Comment

Finally got around to doing this over the Christmas break. So great not having that annoying beep.

Some additional photos for those like myself who were wondering where the boot cover clips are. As Rich says, just the left hand corner needs to be accessed - four little clips.

Comment

Working...
                        X