Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installed Bilstein 4600 B6. Can I put in a 25mm lift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed Bilstein 4600 B6. Can I put in a 25mm lift?

These are the B6 4600 bilsteins I installed on the Fortuner. What springs can I pair with these that give around a 1” or 25mm lift? Also, how do these do on light trails? Are they durable?

Nice one mate!
    Finding a spring set that will only give a 1 inch lift would be the first thing.
    I raised the front only 35mm, but they are adjustable. Rear end is jacked up more though.

Comment

Hey spook! What suspension did you go for? I was thinking of King springs or OME springs with the bilsteins. Do they pair well with the shocks? How abkut tough dog coils?

Comment

I went for Dobinsons. So have dobinson coil over in the front and rear shocks are also dobinsons.
        Unfortunately they could not supply comfort springs so I fitted Iron man springs in the back.

With suspension it’s best to choose what’s in your price range.

Comment

Originally posted by Spook1205 View Post
          I went for Dobinsons. So have dobinson coil over in the front and rear shocks are also dobinsons.
          Unfortunately they could not supply comfort springs so I fitted Iron man springs in the back.

With suspension it’s best to choose what’s in your price range.
          Hey bud did you need to install a driveline or center bearing spacer with your 35mm lift? I’m wondering if I keep my lift at 25-30mm if I’ll need to do one as well. Cheers!

Comment

• Spook1205
            Spook1205 commented
            Editing a comment
            Seeing the back was raised more than 35mm I definitely needed to space out the centre bearing.
            If you fit the suspension upgrade and then go for a drive you will know if you need to pack out the centre bearing. You will get a shudder on take off.

• Bussa
            Bussa commented
            Editing a comment
            As Spook1205 states, you will definitely need one. I tried without it and the vibration/shudder is terrible.

So I got to installing some toughdog springs with the 4600 bilsteins. The shop used the springs from the Gen 1 fortuners, part number 912L (constant 300kg) for the rear and the 974S (OE height) for the front, with the strut spring seat adjusted 1 inch up. Reason why they used gen1 part springs was that its slightly shorter than the current model fortuner toughdog springs so I dont go over the 30-40mm mark and not stretch the shocks out

the 300kg springs are hella stiff unladen hahaha but otherwise they ride very well with the bilsteins.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4CCC5DF6-73F7-42E8-860F-73EE4A8DC182.jpeg
Views:	271
Size:	299.3 KB
ID:	20448Click image for larger version

Name:	F6CE748E-23B2-4AFC-A754-1A7265258359.jpeg
Views:	301
Size:	334.2 KB
ID:	20447Click image for larger version

Name:	4E435B06-54F8-4ACD-A4C6-21086B56168A.jpeg
Views:	262
Size:	480.3 KB
ID:	20449

Comment

Spook1205, I just put in Dobinsons suspension kit with rear comfort springs.
            Front is rated for bullbar and winch. it's pretty stiff up front. I'll chuck bullbar on this weekend. Should sort it out

Comment

• Spook1205
              Spook1205 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice one!
              Does it sit high at the front without bullbar? At least with those springs you have no issues if you put a winch on it.

• hdj80
              hdj80 commented
              Editing a comment
              How's the ride with the dobies comfort in the rear? I have the tough dog 0-300kg rear coils and they're very harsh going over speed bumps at 20-30kph speeds but otherwise its very good. It seems to me I have a sorta downward force pulling down when I go over the speed bumps quick.
          Working...
          X