X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPF Burn

Hi,
    just picked up my new Fortuner.

is there a light that comes on or message when it's doing a DPF burn?
    cheers Piddler

Hi Piddler

What MY is your Fortuner? There was an update in 2020 as part of a TSB (I think!) that now will display when the DPF regeneration is occurring. I had the update to my MY15 Crusade and it now displays when a burn is occuring.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks, yes it did it's first one today, came up on screen said DPF regeneration burn in progress. Had 4 boxes they slowly disappeared and it stopped, about 18 minutes.
      Question: what do you do if it's burning and you need to stop the car and get out?
      cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Piddler View Post
        Question: what do you do if it's burning and you need to stop the car and get out?
        cheers
        the burn will resume the next time you drive it

2019 GX , in White

Comment

Originally posted by Bussa View Post
          Hi Piddler

What MY is your Fortuner? There was an update in 2020 as part of a TSB (I think!) that now will display when the DPF regeneration is occurring. I had the update to my MY15 Crusade and it now displays when a burn is occuring.

Cheers
          what did you ask Toyota to do to get this? I have the MY16 and have no idea when the burn starts ..

cheers mate

Comment

Originally posted by DrZak View Post

what did you ask Toyota to do to get this? I have the MY16 and have no idea when the burn starts ..

cheers mate
            ask them to enable Custom Mode. i dont think its hard to do they did it on mine in no time flat
            2019 GX , in White

Comment

i asked Toyota for the custom mode (so you know a burn is happening cause it shows up on the dash) and the manual override switch to force a burn for both my hilux and the wife's fortuner. it got sorted when they went in for a service.

Comment

Working...
              X