Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock bumper with winch

anyone with stock bumper with winch? Pics pls 😁

CFM To the best of my knowledge you can't mount a winch on anything without the supporting body mount brackets, also with the winch it's simply too heavy to install anything like that on a plastic clipped on bumper, your best bet is to get a bullbar

Comment

I agree with thehunteroz. You're better off saving to get some type of bull bar set up.

If you've a GX like me, DO Not get a Toyota b/bar. Get TJM, ARB, Ironman, OppositeLoc, or anyone else but Toyota's b/bar. The reasons being 1. I can't get Toyota fog lights fitted to it unless I pay my dealer over $3000 to do it, so I'm still without foggies, & 2. I can't find any recovery points that will fit onto the Toyota b/bar. If you get a b/bar from any of these makers, then you won't have any problems getting fog light or recovery points to suit.

Just wish someone would have told me (boo hoo)....

Comment

the genuine bullbar is sourced from ARB , so ive been told by ARB. probably a cut down version to save cost
        2016 GX , in White

Comment

• DaveC
          DaveC commented
          Editing a comment
          it certainly doesnt look like it! Also doesn't explain why it took ARB another 12months to release their own brand!

yeah i agree - ive done my own search and found this article - http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...257E6900270A0A
        2016 GX , in White

Comment

I agree with previous posts that you will need a bar if you want a winch.

However my opinion is that the genuine bar is excellent. I'm quite happy to use the standard recovery points, and I've added fog lights to my GX without too much drama.
          2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

In relation to recovery points, I use a bridle to connect my snatch strap to both standard front points.
            2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

I'm pretty sure the hidden winch mount from AFN that suits the hilux would work. From memory the winch mount bolts directly to the chassis rails. Not a bad option if you don't want the extra weight of the bull bar.

Comment

Originally posted by mrh460 View Post
                I agree with previous posts that you will need a bar if you want a winch.

However my opinion is that the genuine bar is excellent. I'm quite happy to use the standard recovery points, and I've added fog lights to my GX without too much drama.
                Having taken a good look at them, I also agree that the stock emergency tow points on the front are ok. In addition to a bridle/equaliser strap to share the load, I bought two "soft shackles" from roadsafe (http://roadsafe.com.au/4wd/soft-shackle/) to connect the bridle to the tow points. This way if the point does fail, there is no metal shackle to go flying.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by SJC View Post
                  I'm pretty sure the hidden winch mount from AFN that suits the hilux would work. From memory the winch mount bolts directly to the chassis rails. Not a bad option if you don't want the extra weight of the bull bar.
                  Spot in here mate, Call Dan KPD 4x4 in Melbourne... He'll make it happen

Comment

ive not seen one before but i'm interested
                    2016 GX , in White

Comment

Comment

My friend fabricated his own winch plated mounted directly to the chassis. Was holing someone else did it already here in our group. Just want that clean stealthy look. Guess i'"" have to do it and fabricate my own winch plate.

Comment

CFM Not sure what country you are based in but.

In Australia anything you mount to your vehicle must be ADR compliant (that's Australian design regulation) that means it's been tested and confirmed to work with the vehicles safety systems e.g. Airbags, this is another reason why you pay so much for a bullbar because they are all ADR Airbag compliant otherwise you void your insurance both mandatory (3rd party/paid with registration) and Insurance company insurance, if it is found to have caused an issue in an accident preventing vehicle safety systems from deploying correctly.

Also the vehicle in the picture definitely doesn't look like it's in Australia, here it is illegal to mount any light above bonnet level or above center line symmetry unless it is an emergency vehicle or gains a permit to do so.

(not professing to know the laws of every state or territory of Australia just the general ones)

Comment

I'm from the Philippines 😁

Comment

Working...
                            X