EGR Blanking Decarb & PCV Catch can

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGR Blanking Decarb & PCV Catch can

Hi All, I have just installed a solid EGR blanking plate on my 2014 Fortuner TRD 1KD FTV ( KUN51R) engine. While the car is "worked" by TRD I think that the engine is the same as the 2014 Hilux & Pardo.
    It took 20 minutes for the job. Remove cooler cover 10m & I removed the battery & the fuel sensor plug. 12mm open end spanner to back off the EGR bolt as the dip stick bracket prevents a socket drive & then 3/8 extension drive with 10mm to back off the EGR to head nuts. Screwdriver between water housing & EGR pipe using left hand. Right hand gets Blanking plate vertical & flat to slide upto the top Fwd stud, apply light pressure to the pipe & slide it up & swing anti clockwise to engage the other stud, release pressure on screwdriver. re-tighten everything NB light pressure!
    I have a Innova 31703 OBD2 scanner & will do some Air intake & Throttle body cleaning & see what errors come up. At idle there are no dash errors but the OBD scanner is seeing an EGR error but not reporting anything, street testing to TBA. I also have a blanking plate with 7mm hole if needed.

I ran some live data tests at 60 & 100KPH. The engine now runs 6c cooler 81c at 21c outside. The fuel usage was 7.8 K/l and is now 9.5K/L. The OBD scanner is telling me everything is running well, I did put a can of L Moly Decarb down the intake at 2 second bursts ( took 20 minutes) before the run.
    No dash errors.

Next I have a catch can & will bolt it to the side of the air cleaner & pipe the PCV to it then to the FWd side of the air cleaner.
    more to come.
    Note: the Innova 31703 also does ABS & SRS scanning & will now live in the car just incase it goes into Limp mode on the beach at Fraser one day.
    Ed

Welcome to the club. so far you are the only member with a 2014 Tuna , rest of us have the 2015+ 1GD models. Was it a private import ? a white one ? ive seen it around the Bay .
    2016 GX , in White

Comment

Working...
    X