2018 Fortuner Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Fortuner Reviews

CarsGuide have just published reviews on the 2018 GX, GXL and Crusade Fortuners. Fairly superficial with very little or no off-roading. Not much has changed other than $5k price reductions (okay, that's significant but painful if you just bought the previous model). Sat nav for the GXL and alloys for the GX.
    https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-reviews/toyota-fortuner-gx-60403
    https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-rev...uner-gxl-60407
    https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-reviews/toyota-fortuner-crusade-60409

The new prices are good Fortuners should sell like crazy now. I came very close to buying one a few months ago now when they dropped the price on the current model. Not going to lie i would have been proper pissed of if i had now as the main thing the sales lady was trying to push on me was that the next model would be significantly more expensive. It seems like the 5k price increase she was talking about is actualy a 5k decrease.

Comment

I just bought the 2017 gxl for the $50990 price back at the end of September I missed out on sat nav I believe the 2018 gxl has sat nav and I think it costs $51990 so I’m a bit bummed. I wonder if there could be some software update that would install sat nav on mine

Comment

• Whipped
        Whipped commented
        Editing a comment
        I went through the process of getting factory SATNAV installed on my 2016 GXL. The unit had to be physically exchanged for a SATNAV unit from the Crusade with the correct harness and what not.

• Vulcan
        Vulcan commented
        Editing a comment
        We were on the cusp of buying at GX when we discovered it didn't have SATNAV. The dealership then produced a Dec 17 GXL demo which had SATNAV built in - so we snaffled it up. Getting SATNAV retro-fitted will set you back a couple of grand.

Whipped; can I ask how much did that process cost? I asked if there was a some type of GPS upgrade to my multi-media system for my GX, & apparently there isn't. I never thought of an exchange.

Comment

I asked the same at my last service, it’s about $1,100.00. Service guy said they could not just upgrade the software, the unit had to be changed out.

Comment

That gumtree one says that hema is also available that would be great. I’d like to see it and hear from someone who has used it first though

Comment

On the topic of navigation on the factory screen, there's more discussion here:
          https://www.fortunerforum.com.au/for...d-ends/203-gps

The Naviplus one is discussed there. The integration looks pretty nice, it just sucks that its an old windows CE based unit which isn't really extensible. I'm surprised noone has yet done anything similar but with a more modern Android based add-on unit.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Frazza View Post
            I asked the same at my last service, it’s about $1,100.00. Service guy said they could not just upgrade the software, the unit had to be changed out.
            Lot of money for a pretty average satnav that still costs $300 to update (with already out of date maps)!

Comment

A mate suggested a mob called GPS Australia (Auburn NSW) for an integrated satnav system. Around $900, but unsure if you can add/upload 4WD mapping.

$900 is expensive, but if I were going that way, I think I'd add the extra $200 for the Toyota replacement setup, which hopefully(?) would see less problems crop up. And if they do, there's more Toyota places around than this place in Auburn.

A $200-300 is a lot cheaper for a Navman or Tom Tom, even if they do take up some dashboard or windscreen space

Comment

Used my sat nav once and once only, bloody annoying. Would use google maps, Tom Tom, Garmin or hema over it any day of the week

Comment

Working...
                X