Air conditioning noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air conditioning noise

Just got a new fortuner GX. Love the car but the fan for the air conditioning seems quite noisy, makes a high pitched whining sound. I’ve noticed there’s no cover over the fan unit in the passenger footwell. Is this something others have noticed?

the GX does not have a footwell cover , as you noticed , but fan should be reasonably quiet. Remove the glovebox , take out the aircon filter maybe you track down the noise a bit further.
    2016 GX , in White

Comment

Thanks. Is there a way of fitting a footwell cover to the gx that you know of?

Comment

I have a GX, and my aircon is whisper quiet. 🤫
        2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

Maybe I’m being picky, i think it’s working fine it’s just that I can hear a whine from the fan motor coming from the passenger footwell and it irritates me. It changes pitch when I change the fan speed. I can’t hear this noise in my other car.

Comment

My 2015 GX is noise free

Comment

thanks for the replies, I had toyota look at it and there's no issue with the car - just my over sensitive hearing. I obtained a cover for the passenger footwell from a breakers yard off of a 2016 hilux and it's solved my problem.

Comment

I had the same issue, they grease the fan or something

Comment

What do you guys mean by the footwell cover? Any chance of a photo? Also what else is missing from the GX that the dealers wouldn't mention? I've just ordered a GX but I've only been aboe to test drive the GXL.

Comment

its just a black plastic cover which covers the area under the glovebox
                    2016 GX , in White

Comment

toyota try to chrage like $270 for it, got one for $40 off a car breaker. it's got a piece of foam on the inside and seems to absorb the high pitch noise i could hear previously.

Comment

I think you better get it looked at. Mine's 18 months old. High pitch whining noise started 6 months ago. It was intermittent so the dealer's explanation was that most probably a leaf that found its way down to the fan which I think was BS. Now it's louder and it's almost always there. Booked in to get it looked at. I hope they do a proper job rather than trying something that masks the problem.

Comment

We had the same- was quiet but noticeable high pitched noise.
                          our dealer said common problem in the Hilux and they replaced the fan for me under warranty.

Comment

Hi all, I’m a newbie here, my 2016 GX tuna has done 110k and and I’m looking at my 3rd AC fan motor. I’ve been told by a dealership it is a known issue and they are waiting on a replacement to be supplied by the 3rd party with a fix that won’t fail. As It failed at 95k I’ve been told there’s no problem with warranty but I have had to put up with 15000km of a screaming fan so far (mainly on 2). Be sure you log everything with dates and K’s at every service. Some dealers are on your side, others deserve the “stealership” title. I’ve used both and the stealers are in the dust.
                            Great vehicle otherwise...

Comment

Working...
                            X