Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why couldn't I donut like the Endeavour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why couldn't I donut like the Endeavour?

So me and a friend managed to get hold of a snowed out playground and spent almost an entire day enjoying some 4x4 action. Question though, why couldn't I donut like my friend's Endeavour. He was in 1st low and when I went in 1st low the engine noise and high RPM (>3.5k) made it scary so I decided not to do it. I have HT tyres while he's got AT tyres if that makes a difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE5qgs8o88A&

Did you have your arm out the window holding on to the roof?

On a serious note, this is an Australian based Fortuner Forum, we were not lucky enough to get the 1st generation Fortuner. Anyway, did you have traction control off? If you wanted donuts, TRC off, 2wd, foot on brake, mash gas pedal, turn steering wheel until back comes out :-)

Comment

• Spook1205
      Spook1205 commented
      Editing a comment
      I get about 2 or 3 seconds of wheel spin until a warning ⚠️ comes up that foot is on brake and accelerator at same time and engine shuts down power pretty quick 😔

• fireheart
      fireheart commented
      Editing a comment
      The last bit is when I had the gopro with a long stick and my hand out of the window, other hand on steering. It was totally safe given that there was nothing around me at all and I was merely doing 30-40 kmph. Mine is a second gen fortuner, you know the facelift that came with VSC. I didn't know that Australia never had the prev-gen Fortuners.

I did have TRC off but there just isn't any 2wd mode on my fortuner, its all time 4 wheel. Since its a manual variant that I have let me try to tap the brake pedal next time.

Question though, what if I redline the engine for like 20-30 seconds. Does it damage the engine in any way?

Are you holding the traction control button down until it turns off both traction control and the other stability controls?

Comment

• fireheart
      fireheart commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, both VSC and Traction Control were off

You won’t damage it the engine ECU will control it so it’s not going to destroy itself.

Comment

• fireheart
      fireheart commented
      Editing a comment
      You wouldn't believe the sound it makes, its like a plane taking off. Will stand on the gas pedal next time and see how well it works, thanks!
Working...
X