Woods Point, Victoria High Country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woods Point, Victoria High Country

Went to Woods Point in the Victoria High Country recently and had a ball. There are some great tracks that take in river crossings and there's history to explore. Went out to Matlock, then took the Jericho track to Jericho town where 4000 people used to live. Now there is nothing but an old mining tunnel and a cemetery. From there we took the Red Jacket track to where it intersected with the RJ Spur and Victor Spur tracks where we looped back along the RJ Spur track to the Jericho track, then took the Noble Spur track to the Johnson Hill track and back into Woods point. The whole area is very picturesque.
    Unfortunately we didn't see any other Fortuners up there.
    The service station in the picture hasn't operated for quite some time.
    Last edited by tekka maki; 19-04-2017, 08:45 PM.

Had my Fortuner up there a few times on all the tracks you mentioned.
    A mate of mine lived at Jericho as a small boy with his family in the 1950's and their family home was just above the Jordan River Tunnel. He's taken me on a few guided tours of the area showing me many old historic sites. The service station in Woods Point closed down about 10 years ago when the General Store closed.

Comment

• tekka maki
      tekka maki commented
      Editing a comment
      We were fortunate to be staying with someone that grew up in the area too. Just wish we had more time there to explore further afield. Will definitely be going back again.
Working...
X