Steering issue after tyre change and alignment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering issue after tyre change and alignment

I recently fitted a new set of Bridgestone A/T 697 tyres to my GXL an at the same time had a wheel alignment done. Since then I have noticed the steering wheel doesn’t seem to return to centre by itself. If you have the steering wheel set at say 5 degrees and let go, the steering wheel doesn’t return to centre (It tracks on that 5 degree angle). It seems as if that the steering wheel is quite stiff around the last 5 degrees of turn either left or right. With this issue, if driving on a bumpy road, it seems to wander all over the road and constantly needs small steering inputs to track straight. I have notice there has been a little bit of discussion about Tuna’s wandering across the road. Has anyone had these issues after changing tyres or having a wheel alignment.

ps. The wheel alignment was done by Bob Jane and was taken back after doing about 50 kms. They checked again and all was good. Toyota also checked it and then double checked at another Bob Jane and found nothing wrong. Could it possibly just be the tyres? Also does anyone know if the camber/castor is adjustable on a Tuna?

Yes, after wheel alignment on my Hilux, with original tyres, I am constantly having to correct my steering. They told me it is in my head

Comment

Bought my 2015 GX in 2016 & had KO2s fitted. Never had a problem with steering tracking. Not sure if camber / castor is adjustable, but someone on this forum will know.

Maybe take it to somewhere like Pedders? for another opinion. They offer a brake, steering & suspension check & report service for $28. They might find something the others couldn't. And 28 bucks is cheap for another opinion. Good luck

Comment

Working...
      X