Rhino rack gx

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhino rack gx

Hey just wondering if anybody has fitting the rhino rack rails to a gx? Installed mine on the weekend but couldn't get the rear of the rail to sit flush. Anybody have the same problem? Just worried it could leak now?

i did mine , 2 years ago and no leaks. I dont remember any flush fitting issues , was there a gap under the rail before the rivets went in? no foreign objects under there?
    2016 GX , in White

Comment

Yeh I thought that after the first one. But the second one was exactly the same and I double checked it for foreign objects. You wouldn't have a photo to compare would you m8?

Comment

Hi Fortuner86,

I installed my rail 2yrs ago also, and yes, mine sits up a little at the rear. I have a theory that the rail needs to curve inwards a bit at the rear (i.e. toward the centreline of the car), and that I didn't bend/pull it enough in that axis when I drilled the holes. Having said that, I have not had any leaks. I can get you a photo tomorrow if you like.

Dave

Comment

Hey Dave. Yeh that's what I was thinking when looking at it again last night. Yeh photo would be good thanks. Don't no if it's worth taking off and drilling out the the last few holes in the rail and try pull it in. Or it might be better off just leaving it. Annoying . Cheers for the reply

Comment

i havent got any photos , and i dont know how to post piccies on here , are you on the FB page? its easier to put them up there.
            Come to think of it i did have to massage them into place prior to riveting , the rails are a bit springy.
            2016 GX , in White

Comment

I forgot about this until now, so crappy dark photos sorry.
              I wouldn't try and fix it, if you re-drill, you are just going to end up with an elongated hole, and because the rail will resist bending in that direction anyway, the rivet will sit where the old hole is anyway.
              I think you'll probably find it's fine, mine certainly has been. In one of the photos you can see that the foam is starting to work its way out... Hopefully that doesn't get any worse.

Dave

Comment

Cheers Dave. Yeh mine looks the same. Guess I'll just keep an eye on it.

Comment

Working...
                X