Fortuner ground clearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fortuner ground clearance

Hi fellers. My first post. I have a GX manual Fortuner which I am very happy with, but one thing mystifies me a bit. Every article and test report I have read on these trucks says it has a ground clearance of 279 mm. I have measured mine and it is only 225.. the sme as always under hiluxes. I have measured 3 others in a car yard and 4 hiluxes which have the same running gear. Is the clearance information wrong or is there an updated model being released in the new year with 279mm clearance. Any info appreciated.
    ve.Cheers dae

Very interesting - I haven't actually measured. Are you measuring from the diff or from the side rails?

Comment

Hi Mate.Normal ground clearance. Bottom of diff to the ground. Everything I have measured from bottom of diff has come up 225 mm same as previous Hiluxes. As far as I know Landcruisers and Prados are about the same. They were new vehicles in car yards.
      Cheers

Comment

As I am sure you guys know by now, its been all over the news in the last week. Toyota have retracted their comment and yes it is indeed 225mm...
        Fortuner Forum Default Signature!

Comment

Has anyway alter any of their car ground clearances here? I am just wondering, went for a long drive with packed baggage compartment and noticed that clearance between tyres and back bumper went narrower. Is it recommendable by any experienced 4WD here to elevate ground clearance or there are other ways to do this. I've just noticed a big drop on the tail side of the car making it awkward to look, was wondering how much more if towing on a heavy equipment like boat or caravan would be worst? Can anyone suggest of what to do with this issue. I prefer cars which has got a prominent tail side like PRADO but I was a bit surprised by way Fortuner looked after this happened.

Comment

Depends how often you have it loaded up. If you do try getting something like the ironman pro suspension kit with 200kg constant load springs in the rear. Speak to ya local ironman person. They'll be more than happy to help work it out. I have 200kg constants all round but I have steel bull bar, winch etc. Car drives like a dream .

Comment

I'm told Lovells have an 18 mm thick constant load spring, part no. TRR 142HD for Fortuners. I've currently got 200 kg rated springs in the rear, and I'm toying with this idea as my tail sags when fully loaded.

Type 'Suspension Upgrade' in this Forums search box, and you'll see how others may have overcome the rear end sagging issue.

Comment

I had those rear springs in when I bought the car, way too hard when empty, it was such a giggly ride.

Comment

Working...
                X