Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeaking shocks

• 1 minute ago
      Hi all. I have recently purchased a new 2016 Fortuner. I'm relatively happy with the vehicle however I have a horrible grinding squeak coming from the rear of the vehicle presumably from the shocks. Before I take it back to the dealer I was wondering if anyone has experienced this. Thanks in advance.

Hi Pugslee

I have the same in mine, mostly when just starting off and stopping.

I had put it down to the suspension lift that I had put in and the all round terrible job that was done to my car.

It sounds tome like a dry bush so I have started spraying the bushes with silicon, WD or lanolin (depending on what's closer) 1 pair of bushes at a time I'll do this until I find the culprit then depending on the culprit I'll fix it my self (I wont let the installing workshop touch my car again) or take it to be fixed

Comment

might be the sway bar bushes or even the links. Ive had success in the past by injecting grease ( via fine needle ) into the rubber boots
      2016 GX , in White

Comment

Thanks guys for your help

Comment

Pugslee do you have a tow bar on yours? and if so what brand is it

I did a bit of investigating today and it looks like the squeak on mine might my Hayman Reese tow bar just touching the body/chassis.

Comment

Working...
          X