Rocker switches don't fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocker switches don't fit

So I bought a rocker switch for my new LED light bar install, and it's not going to fit in the spare slots of the fortuner...... anyone else encountered the same problem and come up with a solution?

Hi Psykamaholik,

I have had this issue before and short of modifying the switch panel (which I don't like the idea of) you can get a Toyota specific rocker switch. I know Stedi sells them and a few places online. Bit of a pain and I am not too keen on modding the panel...
    Fortuner Forum Default Signature!

Comment

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/252167371...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

about $14 each. They fit into the standard slots. Have illumination for the writing and symbol (so my LED light bar one, has the writing illuminate with the normal headlights, then the picture illuminates when bar is activated

Comment

You little rippa! Cheers for that!

Comment

Where is everyone placing their switches, besides the three blank spots on the right.

Comment

Hi everyone..i am a new user here. In my case the same issue i faced because of short of modifying the switch panel. As per my exxperience you can get a specific rocker switch. I know Stedi sells them and a few places online. Bit of a pain and I am not too keen on modding the panel.

circuit board assemblies
            Last edited by MillPalerm; 15-02-2017, 03:53 AM.

Comment

there are 2 different sizes of Toyota specific dash switches. some Ebay sellers are also confused by this but if you get switches for the 2014 onwards Toyotas you should be fine. some sellers even have the switch measurements specified.
            I made my own switch holders - using a Dremel i cut down flat sections from a thick black plastic box till it was a tight fit in the dash cutout. once this was in i drilled a hole for a LED rocker switch.
            2016 GX , in White

Comment

Working...
            X