Hema & Scangauge mounting options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hema & Scangauge mounting options

hi guys so i finally got the hema and scan gauge today and I'm looking at the best possible options for where to mount them.

i forgot who it was but someone in another post showed that he mounted his hema with a combination of ram mounts to have it go down nice and low off his windscreen where it would cover the clock so that there was barely any vision lost looking out the windscreen which i liked. I also like the idea of having it mounted up in front of the rear vision mirror like the 4xoverland does. Does anyone know where to get this mount? i think that will probably be the way i will go because when I'm loaded up i usually have a lot of gear in the back making the rear vision mirror useless anyway.

Also does anyone have any recommendations for where to mount the scan gauge? i don't want to put it on top of the steering column because i want to see all of the dash and I'm not to sure about having it where the middle cup holders go. I was thinking maybe near the drivers side A pillar so its easy to see without taking my eyes off the road to much and it wouldn't take up bugger all vision from the road

If you type in Pearltuna joins the ranks into the search field, then that thread should pop up & you can view some of the Hema solutions some have come up with.

Comment

for the hema i think I'm pretty set for in front of the rear vision mirror like the 4xoverland fella does. I was wondering if anyone knew where to buy this mount?

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXHwsGMJ_hY&t=2349s

if you fast forward to 38:40 you will see where I'm talking about for where i would like to mount my hema. He says he uses ram mounts. Does anyone know what parts of the RAM mounts they are?

Also if you don't know ronny dahl or 4xoverland i would highly recommend subscribing to them both on youtube. There is a reason why they both have over 100k followers

Comment

Originally posted by borgna View Post
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXHwsGMJ_hY&t=2349s

if you fast forward to 38:40 you will see where I'm talking about for where i would like to mount my hema. He says he uses ram mounts. Does anyone know what parts of the RAM mounts they are?

Also if you don't know ronny dahl or 4xoverland i would highly recommend subscribing to them both on youtube. There is a reason why they both have over 100k followers
          Couldn't agree more on the YouTube recommendations, two of my favourites! That back-catalogue should keep you busy for quite a while..

As for the mount, I don't know any specifics, but it looks like ASPW's is mounted to his aftermarket roof console thingy. On our fortuners I think you'd be looking at a windscreen (suction) one with a long arm to position it behind the mirror, is that what you are thinking?

Dave

Comment

perhaps that is what will need to be done as we wouldn't be able to screw into our roof like he can with his roof console.

https://www.fortunerforum.com.au/for...oins-the-ranks

it might be best to get what pearltuna uses but with a short arm and remove the rear view mirror on trips where i can't see out the back from having to much gear in the back and then lower the mount to the bottom of the windscreen and put the rear view mirror back on when it is possible to see out the back

Comment

I'm only speculating here, but I suspect a car without a rear-view mirror, whether useful or not, might be considered unroadworthy.

Comment

• Spook1205
                Spook1205 commented
                Editing a comment
                In NSW a vehicle must have a revision mirror
            Working...
            X