Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Production delay???

Hey All,

After shopping around the Perth dealers, and squeezing the best deal I could, I signed up for a crusade, black with tan leather about 2 weeks ago.

Was told when I signed that it might be a couple of months, but got a call today to say its going to be late June.

Dealer has asked me to sign new paperwork as its past the 3 months committed to in the contract.

I can walk away from the contract or choose different colour combo.

I've never bought a new car before, but if I threatened not to sign the paperwork would it force the dealer to make it happen?

Or is this normal, as black with tan leather is uncommon?

Any advice appreciated!!

​​​​​​​

I wouldn't sing a new contract, just because it'd put more pressure on them to supply the car YOU want when you want it.

Did they say what the delay was? Not having black, or having black without the trim you're after, or both? If they have black without the desired trim, ask them to have it tan trimmed at their cost.

Mine's a white GX demmo model. Being a demmo that was used by a Toyota salesman, it was upspecced by Toyota to leather trim well before I bought it. So it can be done.

Another alternative is ask your dealer to shop around with other Toyota dealers, to see if anyone has a black / tan Crusade they can swap another colour for.

Comment

Originally posted by smidsy View Post
      Dealer has asked me to sign new paperwork as its past the 3 months committed to in the contract.

I can walk away from the contract or choose different colour combo.

​​​​​​​
      its not your fault they couldnt honour the contract , so if you do sign a new one then make sure it has the same Ts&Cs and price , as the current contract. Or maybe see if you can find one in Sth Oz and have it shipped over.
      or , buy one with cloth seats and fit custom seat covers made of animal.

i dont see that combo being hard to get , most Fortuner taxis in Asia are black with tan leather.

2016 GX , in White

Comment

Apparently its unavailable in my combo in Australia, any that are around or are on the way, have names already(whatever that means).

Perhaps its not available, or they couldn't make a deal with another dealer.

I was told it would probably be a factory order on signing, by a couple of dealers.

It'll be the same T&C's, unless I make life difficult and push for something else to be thrown in ?

First time buying, so not sure where I stand.

Comment

Obviously you want that colour / trim combination, but just so you can get into a car sooner, is there a second choice colour / trim combo you'd settle for? Tough choice!!

Comment

I'll be paying it back over 5 years, so I'd rather not settle

Comment

Working...
            X