Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Rag Range

Hi there,
    general question about the Blue Rag Range track in higher county Vic.
    Can I do it safely/easily with a stock GXL?
    thanks

I was down in the High Country the other week, and funnily enough Blue Rag was only track we didn’t do (since it was raining heavily on that day), so I can’t advise you specifically.

You might be interested in watching my video which highlights the fun we had during our week in the area.

https://youtu.be/z3xQp8M0Kp0

2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

Bounty; Not done it (yet) in the Tuner, but I spent a week in the High Country back in Feb 1999, in a stock petrol Pajero... no suspension / lift upgrade what-so-ever, just A/T tyres & no probs at all on any tracks. Also being a petrol engine, I didn't have the engine braking like diesels have when going down hill.

I'd be very surprised if you couldn't do it in a stock Tuner. Take your time & pick your lines.

Comment

The Blue Rag track to the trig point is actually fairly easy and anyone competent shouldn't have any issues. There's some steep pitches and sections where the track is narrow with very steep drop-offs that on a busy day get interesting and a couple sections that are lose rocks, but that's about it. Driving past the trig to the Wongungarra river is a good drive that has some sections that could be slippery in the wet and, again, steep stuff, but is worth it. The Blue Rag should be on everyones list IMHO - it's awesome.

Comment

Working...
        X