Tyre upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre upgrade

Has anyone updated there tyres and what brand sizes are u running..

Hey Hutch, I replaced the H/Ts on my 18" rims with 265/60R/18s (factory size) BFG KO2s. it's my 4th set of BFGs but I have also run Cooper STMax and would not hesitate to recommend them. They say that hindsight is a wonderful thing but I will not, when the time comes, buy 18" again. You will buy 265/65R/17s plus a set of aftermarket rims for the same cost of 18s. I believe the off road benefits of 17s out way the 18s eg size of foot print due to the higher profile. I choose to run factory diameter to no greater than + 1" to maintain nil to little effect on gearing but that's just my choice and not necessarily the popular choice. I'm sure that other members will give you their preference.

Comment

Hutch, we have, as of last week fitted Cooper AT3s, at this stage happy. Car rides softer, quieter and geeks more stable tracking straight. I am currently on Fraser Island playing in the sand, 20psi and no issues at all. Wear and wet weather performance will dictate how happy overall I am but so far a reasonably good and priced tyre imho.

Comment

Should have mentioned 17s and standard size etc...

Comment

Hi Hutch, with the GX I bought a 17" alloy wheel tyre / BFG KM2 combo but had the muddies fitted to the OEM steelies and am running the OEM tyres on the alloys. The BFG KMs are slight bigger at 265/70/17 but are no problem ... and at some point I'll want to upgrade suspension for trips (which the 2nd set of rims/tyres are for). I've had 2 x BFG muddies and 1 x BFG all terrains before and both have been excellent. In the last 30-40% of their life the muddies are very noisy and the all terrains a nightmare on wet bitumen ... hence the 2 x sets to prolong their life for trips only

Comment

Working...
          X