Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance with Club 4x4

Hi guys

I have an insurance policy with Club 4X4 and there has been an astronomical increase in premium which they cannot explain. $1100 up to $1690. No claims.

Those that are with CLub 4X4 have you experienced the same?

Those that are not with Club 4X4 and go off road, who are you with!?

Cheers

Josh

That's interesting! My 4WD club (Georges River Outdoor & Recreational Club - GRORC for short) is going through the process of having their portal link installed onto our web-site. One of our more experienced guys is checking over their terms as I reply to you.... Might have to mention this to the club President. $500 increase with no claims seems pretty steep.

Personally I'm with the NRMA & also have that breakdown away from home thing they also offer. I'm a bit reluctant to move, plus I have home insurance with them which ends up a bit cheaper cause its all with the one mob. Its likely the wrong way to think, but better the devil you know?

We did have a Club 4x4 insurance guy attend a meeting & discuss their policy, which on face value did sound better than what other insurers will cover & do for you. Be keen to hear other comments too.

Comment

• Bussa
      Bussa commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes worth mentioning. The rep did allude they entered the market with great policy coverage at a low price compared to other offerings. Now they are playing catch up on the premiums. They wouldn't budge on price for me unless I increased my excess. Not happy and am shopping around now. Will check NRMA.

Oh they also have this Policy Fee of $66 every year. They couldn't explain that either. If you're with a 4X4 club, you want that waived and a good discount on the policy for members!

Josh; I've let the Club President know. Apparently if they put their portal link onto our Club's web-site, whoever takes up a policy via the portal will get a 5% discount on their policy. I haven't really gone into it, but it doesn't seem worthy it... an increase of $590 for you plus $66 a year on top.???

Seems like we're better off driving a little more carefully when off-road, & maybe spending a little more on preventative measures to minimise the chance of any bad problems happening to the cars or us.

Good luck with what you decide & who you insure with.

Comment

wow that is huge , well beyond normal i think. I suspect a lot of fourbie drivers who write off expensive cars in remote areas have a lot to do with that increase.

I am with Suncorp , aged fiftybloodythree , live in a QLD regional area , drive <20k per annum , 60% NCB and the Tuna is $603 per annum.
      2016 GX , in White

Comment

i am mid 25 and I'm with youi. i pay $996 per annum. Im not exactly sure on what their off road cover is like. I was considering on getting a quote from club 4x4 as I'm going to the tip in a few months. But i think i will just look into yogi's off road policy first

Comment

Who is Club 4x4 linked to? I've been bombarded with emails thanking me for my interest & policy quote & signing up to their newsletter but I've never heard or signed up to anything of theirs?

Comment

"Apparently" Club 4 x 4 is an agent of Hollard Insurance, a company that started in Australia in 1999 and appears to be originally started in South Africa, but don't hold me to this.

Comment

Working...
            X