Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UHF / CB Radio installation

The search function has not worked for me:
    I remember reading and looking at some pictures of a UHF Radio installation located underneath the centre console (so that you could not see the radio at all once console re-assembled).

This set up had a plug for the hand unit to plug in to, used for turning the unit on and off and all functions. I also think from memory it was some model of GME UHF Radio.

Could that person direct me to the post and if anyone else has a good UHF CB Radio installation that does not involve drilling into consoles etc, could you please share some pictures and explanation of both your install and model of UHF Radio.

I have not purchased a UHF Radio as yet but want one with controls and speaker on hand piece, open to suggestions please. I want a decent (maximum available) range from it once installed. (I had a Uniden in my previous Hilux and it was only good for about 1 km, I want an improvement).

Rich.

Mine's not mounted under the console, but the installation involved no drilling.

https://www.fortunerforum.com.au/for...06-uhf-install
    2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

Working...
    X