Genuine Toyota Recovery Points

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genuine Toyota Recovery Points

I've been wondering whether the recovery points on the new Hilux Rugged X models would fit the Fortuner.

This looks promising ...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F292662173951

My next step is to find out if they will fit with the genuine steel bar.
    2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

very expensive. I have the ARB recovery points and they appear to be very solid

Comment

• mrh460
        mrh460 commented
        Editing a comment
        The issue is that those of us with genuine Toyota bars have had trouble finding recovery points that fit.

Looks like they will fit with a genuine bar, but the bar will have to be removed for fitting.

https://toyotamanuals.com.au/afi/PZQ...ber=PZQ5089650

Comment

Reading the fitting instructions, those of us with a factory winch already fitted need to have a recovery point compatible winch cradle that can be identified by have the 2 holes in it at each end. My winch cradle that is a gen Toyota item doesn't appear to have the holes.

Comment

These are now on the list of genuine accessories.

Comment

Update for those interested ...

It seems the part number mentioned above (PZQ50-89650) will fit the latest builds perfectly. Some people have fitted them to earlier builds, but some modifications to undershields were necessary.

Apparently Toyota are working on parts to suit earlier builds.

Comment

I fitted them to my vehicle and had to trim up the underbody splash guards a bit.....

Comment

For what its worth, I've a genuine steel bar & the "toyota" Warn winch. I had Road Safe recovery points fitted to it by Opposite Lock. Took 3 hrs to fit as they had to drill / adjust things because of the support bar set up for the winch to fit the original bar.

If you go to the Aftermarket section of this forum, then find page 3, you'll find more info on what I'm talking about.

Comment

Update for those interested ...

I had the genuine recovery points PZQ5089650 (including cross-member and new metal splash guard PZQ2989390) installed by Toyota today.

They look great. I’ll see if I can get stuck over the weekend so I can try them out. 😬

Comment

mrh460 What was the cost of that all up? And why new cross member or have toyota done the usual and changed something requiring a changed part so they fit? Could I just buy the points and bolt them on?
                    Last edited by Rompin; 11-03-2019, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X