Fuel consumption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel consumption

Hi we just bought our 2019 gxl auto and only got 483ks to a full tank , is this normal? Thanks in advance .

Hi. My suburb driving fuel use is 10.5 to 12 lts p/100 kilometers. This is good for me, as I can't go far without coming to a stop sign, slowing for a round-about or stopping at traffic lights etc. Not knowing your driving habits or if its all city, suburb driving or a mix, its hard to tell, but I think you should be able to get a bit more out of the tank. Remember its only an 80 litre fuel tank. Some of us have put in sub tanks to help with fuel range.

Comment

• Anthony
      Anthony commented
      Editing a comment
      Forgot to say I've steel bull bar & winch, tow bar, tradie rack, dual batt system, rear drawers, tools, half cargo barrier, & fridge slide in it 24/7. So happy with my fuel use.

the engine will be a bit tight for the first 10,000klm , see if it improves a bit later on. because of the DPF they are not as economical as they should be. I think mine is about 8.5l / 100 living in a regional area with flat terrain
    2016 GX , in White

Comment

We have a 2018 GXL, my wife predominately drives it 23km each way to work every day, accelerate using the economy bar graph, mostly 80kph and only 4 stop lights as we live just out of Townsville. Fuel consumption has never been below 9L/100. I ahve a 150 series Prado with 3.0L engine, exact same driving every day and get well over 10% better fuel econ.

Comment

Well looks like ours has problems at only 13 to 100, and worse on eco mode

Comment

My 2019 Crusade is just over 2 months old and it gets to around 9L per 100. i can get approx. 700Km's and I fill up about once a week.

I drive approx.30 KM to work and back Monday to Friday - with normal stop/start suburban traffic and the odd breaks on the Tullamarine freeway at 80KM/h for 15 mins or so.

Sometimes my kids and I will do a drive down to Geelong on a weekend fishing run, which drops the fuel down to around 8 L /100.

I've found that driving in "Normal" mode - Not Eco - gives me the best bang per buck. It has enough balls to move her fat ass up to speed without labouring the engine in Eco mode.

I will do a couple of weeks in Power mode only actually and see what I can get for the same daily/weekend driving we do.

I don't have any bullbars, cargo drawers etc. other than towbar and roof rack (which I remove when not using), so i've kept the weight down to bare minimum - which obviously helps with fuel consumption.
          Last edited by Chris4Tuner; 12-06-2019, 11:37 AM.

Comment

my wife's stock GXL auto seems to get around mid 9's... she's got a lead foot so im suprised its that low, i have a SR5 auto hilux same engine, but bull bar, brush bars & side steps dual battery and 275/65 r18 tyres and mine is 10.5 or more, dont see 6th gear much these days unless going down hill...

Comment

Love the Fortuner however fuel economy isn't meeting expectations of 9 - 10 L per 100. However, there is a fair bit of extra weight, bar, winch, drawers, roof rack, 2" lift etc plus 275/75 tyres BFG KO2s, which impacts on fuel consumption. I'm averaging 11.5 - 12.5 Ltr p/100 which is ok, considering. I increased the fuel capacity to 125 lts, which is great on long trips. Worth the investment in my view.

Comment

Early 2018 GXL with Bull Bar and stock tyres at 34psi getting 10 L per 100 driving around Central coast.

Comment

For those interested.... Just got Pat Callinan's 4x4 email mag. A Triton owner in Victoria took Mitsubishi to court & won, because the fuel figures he was constantly getting weren't close to what the fuel sticker on the car said when he bought it. Mitsubishi had to take the car back. Mitsubishi are appealing the court ruling, but interesting.

The Mrs read a case reported last week about a guy who bought a 280k range rover (in Adelaide?) & he too went to court & apparently won, getting a full refund. And with this one, V.W. are using this test case in their dealership training, to show how 'not to treat customers'. I've since tried to find this particular case on the net but can't. Maybe it had to be taken down.

Comment

• Spook1205
                    Spook1205 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Interesting
                    I can imagine if the vehicle had any heavy accessories, maybe larger tyres from stock you would have no joy in the court.

Originally posted by Anthony View Post

The Mrs read a case reported last week about a guy who bought a 280k range rover (in Adelaide?) & he too went to court & apparently won, getting a full refund. And with this one, V.W. are using this test case in their dealership training, to show how 'not to treat customers'. I've since tried to find this particular case on the net but can't. Maybe it had to be taken down.
                  the link is on the Facebook fortuner site. A tuna owner in Victoria has just been refunded as well
                  2016 GX , in White

Comment

Interesting. Range Rover, Mitsubishi & Toyota have refunded $$s. We don't have lemon laws, but maybe these cases could be the start of governments introducing them. Mine goes in Friday for its 80k service, (Toyota's web quoted just over $700), but I'm asking for DPF to be checked due to more smoke. Plus gearbox - still hunting for gears at times around corners & roundabouts.

Comment

• Spook1205
                      Spook1205 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      $700??? Holy hell! Should of called me mate, take a road trip south for the day.

Thanks Luke, next time for sure. Only reason I went Toyota is I want them to have a record of these things as I booked on-line. I've mentioned these probs in my on-line bookings before. Plus its not just for me, but the more of us who keep saying these things still persist, the more Toyota (hopefully) will do something.

Comment

• Spook1205
                      Spook1205 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      All good, offer is always open.
                      I don’t have these issues but for the benefit of the Toyota customer base it’s good to have these things reported.

Ours is brand new and is showing 9.2 around the city. I test drove a couple which showed the same figure. For comparison our diesel Territory was getting about 800 to an 80 litre tank around town and better in the country so I would assume the Fortuner will be better again.

Comment

I am getting between 9-10L per 100ks. Driving in peak our everyday in melbourne approx. 30kms. Just added bullbar so keen to see difference in economy.

Comment

Working...
                      X