Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You See Many Around?

Greetings all,
    I've had my Fortuner now for over 2 months and have clocked up 4200 km without any dramas.
    The one thing I am surprised about though is that I don't see many of them on the road.
    Are they actually selling as expected or is it that dealers can't get stock?

Overall I am pretty happy with my car and must admit I am still getting used to her.
    Cheers...

Toyota has only brought in 6000 for the first year so when you consider how big AU is chances are slim. In saying that though I have seen a couple around my suburb.

BJ.

Comment

Depends on your area i suspect

Around Syd i have seen more Fortuners than Everest, MUX or Pajero Sport for example. Country areas possibly different.

Starting to see more of Pajero sports however so getting closer. Prado more than others combined and then some.
      Last edited by 4Tuner; 22-01-2017, 05:14 PM.
      Crusade, Summit Bar, Dobinsons Monotube, BFG AT.

Comment

Ive only seen 2 white ones locally. Could have been the same one!! Lol.
        Illawarra toyota had 4 of them. Each varient plus and extra GLX. Black, graphite, silver and blue. Canterbury toyota sold their black one to us and i think they had another in the yard too.

We were told the next shipment (due now) have brown, whites, silver (cause we wanted auto) and a few others in manual.....

6000 isnt alot when you think of the size of Oz.

Comment

• Lozza
          Lozza commented
          Editing a comment
          A bit late, seen you driving around my area yesterday ( Gods country Woonona lol) I've got of the white ones.

I also get the sense sales could be a little slow given the deal on 2015 GX Autos at the moment and the fact that there aren't a lot on the road. When I ordered mine it was "available" straight away (i.e. in oz) and took about 10days to be delivered with towbar fitted, some of that delay was due to my finances and the dealer backed up on deliveries.

Its a bit surprising really. It's the perfect car for me, and consistently betters the competition in reviews particularly regarding value and off-road competence.
        Having said that, I haven't seen a lot of everest or paj sport either, probably about the same numbers as fortuner (I'm in Canberra). Takes a while for new models to get out there I guess.

Comment

I've owned mine for 3 weeks now and haven't seen a single one on road besides mine. Also mine has a defect in the Windows from factory and Toyota after 3 weeks can't source new windows and reckon it could be a few months yet. I just think their simply isn't many around

Comment

• RALF
            RALF commented
            Editing a comment
            If the window problem is bad I would be going off.
            They could source a window in a few days if they really wanted to (get the thing sent next flight from Thailand.)

Originally posted by lufkin View Post
          I've owned mine for 3 weeks now and haven't seen a single one on road besides mine. Also mine has a defect in the Windows from factory and Toyota after 3 weeks can't source new windows and reckon it could be a few months yet. I just think their simply isn't many around
          What is the defect?

BJ.

Comment

i have seen similar to mine in Gawler, White Pearl

Comment

Originally posted by Bmhdg1976 View Post

What is the defect?

BJ.
              photos are useless because camera cant focus on it, so these pics dont do it justice. but the rear left, rear and rear right windows. so 3 in total, the black backing has been scratched before installing at the factory. they filled out a promisary note when i picked it up that they will be replaced. and also at my 1000km service they said they are still sourcing them. its only cosmetic so nothing major, just pissing me off because ive had to cancel my window tint guy because i had him booked for the day after i picked it up. and i have 2 little ones who complain they are getting burnt. i want my car tinted sigh. End rant

Comment

• RALF
                RALF commented
                Editing a comment
                That's pretty pathetic really!
                How did they approve this car when inspected in the final assembly phase?

talk to toyota headoffice, let them buy back this defect car, only three weeks, if not, then post a compaign on social media. I will support you.

Comment

That's a shame. Dealer should have seen that when they took delivery. Hope they source them for you soon!

BJ.

Comment

My Crusade was delivered the week before Christmas (thanks Santa) and I have not seen another Fortuner on the roady yet. Crap about your windows, hope it gets resolved soon.

Comment

I have a family member that works at toyota in the accounts dep and have been informed that the fortuners are selling very well so we should start to see more on the roads.

Comment

Well great news. I took to social media and got my windows sorted. I posted to the Toyota Australia page (all the posts have to be approved first so no one will ever see it 😞) anyways. Someone from the customer experience team called Friday and said they have forwarded it to the top dog of Toyota. Whether this is true or not who knows. Anyways the dealer called today apologising and said the Windows have been ordered and will be here within 2-4weeks. I'm guessing someone high up called and shot a rocket up their rear

Comment

Great news! But when you say they have been ordered... Shouldn't that have already been done?

BJ.

Comment

Working...
                        X