Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still happy with your Fortuner after a few months?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still happy with your Fortuner after a few months?

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a GX auto whilst they are still on special.

Just wanting some feedback from people who have owned one for more than a few months.

Are you still happy with your purchase, now that the honeymoon phase is over?

As an ex mechanic, I don't usually like adopting early production vehicles/engines until all the kinks are sorted. But with emission standards continually getting more strict, the next update might require something like urea injection etc.

So thinking now might be the time.

Thanks in advance.

Im still happy with mine. It would be nice if there were a few things different or better thought out (mainly with the stereo system) but the actual car is great. I still enjoy driving it and every chance possible ill take it to the dunes for some fun (only 15 mins to some good 4x4 areas near me)

Comment

Thanks for your reply mate.

Comment

I'm happy with my Crusade but I do notice little things that would of made a good car great.
        a.) Lack of polish for the price (blind spot monitors, front parking sensors, heated seats, powered passenger seat, self dimming rear vision mirror.)
        b.) Third row seats not able to be easily removed or stored within the floor cavity.
        c.) Roof mounted entertainment system (the Kluger, Tarago and Prado offer these in the high spec models and fitted to Fortuner in Asia.)
        d.) Removal of Balance Shafts fitted to the Prado (if this is indeed true which I will confirm in the next few days, then this would be a bit of a let down for a car Toyota is trying to sell to families.)

cheers,

Ralf..

Comment

Thanks Ralf,

I agree on a lot of those points, for the price you pay a few of those things should be standard especially on the crusade.

I wouldnt be be too concerned about the balance shafts. Keeping things simple with less moving parts usually leads to better reliability and if no one would have told you, you would probably have never known.

Comment

I also own a Crusade and after 4000kms agree with Ralf, that the Crusade would be just that touch better with the extras he mentions in his post. I am happy with the economy and you can't complain about the $180 fixed service cost which is a good saving over the Everest when you compare the first 6 services.

Overall though still loving it!

Comment

Originally posted by Smalot11 View Post
              I also own a Crusade and after 4000kms agree with Ralf, that the Crusade would be just that touch better with the extras he mentions in his post. I am happy with the economy and you can't complain about the $180 fixed service cost which is a good saving over the Everest when you compare the first 6 services.

Overall though still loving it!
              I've just done under 6000km since March and the farthest I've gone so-far is Adelaide to Melbourne and back.
              Havent done much bush bashing yet though.
              i too had a look at the Everest and to me it was a very bland looking car both inside and out.

Comment

Hi all, I have now had the GX for 3 months and covered 7600 klms, 5100 of those through western Qld with a 1.7 tonne camper in tow. The car did everything I expected it would. Comfortable, easy towing, all round a good drive. Fuel consumption for the trip, calculated on actual fills, not the car's computer, was 10.7 litres / 100 klms. We also drove a few 4wd tracks, no problems with sand, badly rutted roads and shallow creek crossings. All things considered, very happy. Now for some aftermarket gear...
                Cheers, Archie.

Comment

Working...
                X