Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wozza
    replied
    Yeah Dave the weak seam was the issue. They are a good seat cover otherwise and I would recommend. They are a really good fit. Not canvass but a decent material, not neoprene.

Leave a comment:

• DaveC
    replied
    It's hard to get good help

Are your covers the fabric ones?
    Can you still get to the seatback pockets?

I'm thinking of getting some myself as I'm pretty impressed with the second row fabric ones from Toyota.
    I gather it was the weak airbag seam that failed on yours? Other than that are you happy with them?

Dave

Leave a comment:

• Wozza
    replied
    I had Werribee Toyota install the new set for a sum of $60 to receive the warranty. Have been informed by them if I decide to wash them Toyota will allow me to take them off but I have to pay again for them to fit them. Also they did such a crap job of fitting them that I basically re did the whole job. Once again, big fat boo for Werribee Toyota.

Leave a comment:

• DaveC
    replied
    I've also gotten a few accessories from Ryde Toyota's ebay store, great service!
    Likewise my local dealer, National Capital Toyota in Canberra is terrible and completely buggered up the only accessories they tried to install (a tow bar).

Returning the covers to where you bought them for a warranty claim is probably reasonable, but for the dealer to suggest you fitted them wrong is pretty insulting.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• Wozza
    started a topic Genuine seat covers splitting warranty.

Genuine seat covers splitting warranty.

I bought a set of geniune Toyota seat covers for the front of the Fortuner but after about a month they started to split at the seems. (No I am not fat I weigh a mere 65kg) My local dealer would not replace them under warranty as I had bought them interstate and I fitted them, apparently if they had fitted them they would have honoured the warranty. The interstate dealer has gone way and beyond and sent another set out with a paid return package all at their expense. So a big shout out to Ryde Toyota in Sydney who sell their goods on ebay and a massive up yours to Werribee Toyota in Melbourne. So guys if you want awesome service support Ryde Toyota on ebay.
Working...
X