Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beach / Sand Driving

Hi peoples,
    Just wanted to know if anyone has come across any videos of these sand/beach driving?
    Can only find videos of dirt tracks, hill tracks, etc.
    Alternatively, has anyone had a spin on the beach?
    Cheers

Hi 4Tuna and welcome to the forum!

I haven't seen anything really in the way of sand driving on video, and I have been looking all over as well. We had another user join and reckons once he has hit his 1000km service he will give it a go so maybe keep your eye out for that one and maybe he can give us the down low on the performance.
    Fortuner Forum Default Signature!

Comment

• 4tuna
      4tuna commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Shaun, cheers for that. Will check that out as well. Lot of video reviews but bugger all user videos. Theyre always better as they arent as staged and less bias.
      Allan Whiting review wasnt bad

https://youtu.be/GL2qsALZITY

Cheers for that one, seems like a more real review of the vehicle, I will add that to the articles section...
    Fortuner Forum Default Signature!

Comment

Hey mate, took mine on the sand dunes / beach on day 2 of ownership! It goes well. I prefer to keep it in low range when on the softer stuff because all the electronic gizmos get disabled. I found a couple of times climbing dunes in 4HIGH, the traction control/whatever electronic thing it is... kicks in and drops power to certain wheels trying to regain traction, usually ending in a loss of power and that sinking feeling!

Chuck it in 4low, and if things get difficult throw on the diff lock too and it goes almost anywhere. Also note i had the tyres down to 20psi, im sure if i went to 15 it would go even better.

i did notice at 20psi, driving along the soft sand on the beach my cruising speed was a bit faster than the other 4x4 in my convoy, if i went at there speed it felt boggy the whole time, speed up a little and it starts to float on the sand. Again, maybe dropping to 15psi might make it better

Comment

• 4tuna
        4tuna commented
        Editing a comment
        Cheers for the heads up mate!
        Ive had that traction control clunking / hold back before, very annoying when it cant be switched off completely for off roading.
        I usually sit on 18psi, gives me a bit more confidence to take tight turns just in case
        Good to hear people using these cars for what theyre meant for
    Working...
    X