Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fortuner GXL With LED Headlamps as factory option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fortuner GXL With LED Headlamps as factory option?

Just wondering if it's possible to spec a GXL with LED Headlamps as factory fitted option and what the cost would be?

Not really keen on the Crusade with 18" and Leather seats...

I also went for the GXL as the leather seats and 18" wheels didn't do much for me. One of the things I really wish I on my GXL was the factory LED headlights on the Crusade.
    Wasn't possible to spec the GXL with the LED headlights, so I'm trying out a set of

Comment

Thought as much. Although surely it must be possible to buy 2 complete lights from the parts department and just swop them out. They might be expensive, but it will surely be a lot cheaper than up-speccing to a Crusade, and then buying a set of 17" wheels and swopping to that...

Does anyone know if you can easily change from 18" to the 17" GXL wheels if you buy a Crusade? (No compatibility issues like on Prado?)
      Last edited by ozziesurfer; 27-07-2016, 01:27 AM.

Comment

My son works at a Toyota dealership and I asked him about the upgrading to Crusade LED lights and he said something along long the lines of they're wired into the ECU which could make them complicated to swap.
        Going from 18" to 17" rims should be a straight swap

Comment

wiggy - thanks for the effort mate. Sounds like I'll have to go for the crusade then - I think those Led's are worth it in the long run. Pitty about the 18" and leather seats.

Comment

Wiggy, I've also been thinking about the LED replacements from JW Speaker HIR2 9012 6200k LED headlight bulb white for Ford FGX Falcon | Blingwork Automotive Lighting
            http://www.blingworkauto.com.au. Let me know how you get on once you have installed. They seem reputable but the whole HiD/LED industry has been awash with cheap, crappy imports that don't last 20 minutes ... cheers Geoff

Comment

There is something up with those Led lights in the Crusade.
              I don't think the auto levelling is setup correctly as I seem to get flashed by many motorists even though I don't have the driving lights on and definitely on low beam.
              Hope you can get it sorted..

cheers,

Ralf..

Comment

I've seen various facebook post that suggest this is definitely do-able.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6233...0499138005753/

The original LED headlights sell for about $1500-$2000 AUD on ebay. The facebook link above is about ~$1200 AUD. I'm tempted to ask my old man who travels frequently to/from the Philippines to visit this shop and ask for fitting instructions (however, his next trip isn't until December)

There is also talk on the newhilux forum about SR owners wanting to replace to the SR5 LED headlights.

Comment

Originally posted by RALF View Post
                  There is something up with those Led lights in the Crusade.
                  I don't think the auto levelling is setup correctly as I seem to get flashed by many motorists even though I don't have the driving lights on and definitely on low beam.
                  Hope you can get it sorted..

cheers,

Ralf..
                  Can you adjust it manually?

Comment

Originally posted by ozziesurfer View Post

Can you adjust it manually?
                    Not that I'm aware of.

Comment

Not directly related, but here is the link from Newhilux.net where someone has replaced the SR headlights with the SR5 LED headlights

http://www.newhilux.net/phpbb/viewto...=26928#p398453

Comment

Working...
                      X