Recalls, Faults and Warranty issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by White One View Post
    @Snowwhite , are they giving you a brand new gearbox or rebuilding your one? I dont know about the Tuna but the previous Prado's gearbox is a $6k repair so potentially your car will be a $10k repair all up.
    Brand new transmission, torque converter, radiator, various hoses and consumables

Id have a guess and say 15k job fif you paid a dealer

Comment

The ACCC's major failures & remedy read out is plain enough. Personally I'd like to see 'reasonable time' actually listed, say 3 weeks maximum. In my mind, that's enough time for parts to arrive from anywhere in the world ( 3-4 days max via 24/7 air freight) & the remaining couple of weeks for the dealership fix. And they should pay for, or give you a loan car till yours is repaired.

Remember, the option is yours, not the dealers. I think you'd be a fair shot at a replacement. If it happened to me, I'd be pushing for a replacement, telling Mr Toyota their product was not fit for purpose.

Good luck with whatever happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
        The ACCC's major failures & remedy read out is plain enough. Personally I'd like to see 'reasonable time' actually listed, say 3 weeks maximum. In my mind, that's enough time for parts to arrive from anywhere in the world ( 3-4 days max via 24/7 air freight) & the remaining couple of weeks for the dealership fix. And they should pay for, or give you a loan car till yours is repaired.

Remember, the option is yours, not the dealers. I think you'd be a fair shot at a replacement. If it happened to me, I'd be pushing for a replacement, telling Mr Toyota their product was not fit for purpose.

Good luck with whatever happens.
        Thanks

It is tempting to push for a new one, but we spent 12 months getting it all setup, lift, tyres, bull bar/ winch, duel batteries, roof rack ect . The list goes on so a new one would be a fair wait to be used off road again.

Thow we will have to draw the line with waiting at some point if we don't have to working over the xmass break that will certainly push down the refund / new vehicle path.

Comment

2 more - those with leather seats are having problems where the ( fake ) leather splits open , either at the seams or in the panels. Toyota will usually blame the owner for dragging themselves sideways getting in and out of the car. But when the panels next to the handbrake tear open they cannot use that excuse lol.
          Also , steering wheels have been peeling , there is some sort of coating which is coming off. Toyota usually blame wearing of jewellery for this one.

so far these issues are common across Prado , Hilux and Fortuner but you need to raise the issue early as possible under warranty
          2016 GX , in White

Comment

HVAC fan motors - some have had squeaking or clicking noises appear when the aircon or heater is turned on , sometimes after an hour. Its dry bearings in the fan motor , which is a warranty item
            2016 GX , in White

Comment

Seat bases - Drivers side seat has a small lever pump attached to the side for raising the seat higher. Usually drivers over 5'7" or so wont ever need to adjust the height. Some have reported that the seat slowly drops down during the drive. Seat bases can be replaced under warranty.
              2016 GX , in White

Comment

Working...
              X