Name:	IMG_0678.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	3609 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0680.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	3610 Hiya guys,
    I've been in Brunei for the past week and have seen quite a lot of the new Fortuners out and about.
    It appears that the Crusade equivalent sells with a factory fitted bonnet scoop/air intake along with painted side steps.
    i stopped at a dealership but they were closed so I could only get outside pics.
    Hoping to get some more before I leave but will be heading to Jakarta after here so no doubt I will see some more.
    ;-)

Cheers,
    Ralf..
    Last edited by RALF; 12-09-2016, 06:13 PM. Reason: Uploaded pics ;-)

Interesting. I wonder if they have a different engine with the intercooler on top like the previous generation hilux that had a bonnet scoop.

Comment

Yes, in Brunei, there are 2 variants. A 3.0L turbo Diesel engine with intercooler on the top, and a 2.7L petrol. Whereas its neighbour Malaysia has the same 2.7L petrol and a 2.4L turbo diesel but no intercooler on the top.

The 2.7L petrol in Indonesia is only available in 4x2, whereas in Malaysia is a 4x4. There's no 2.4 diesel in Brunei, but in Indonesia the 2.4L is available in both 4x2 and 4x4.

Because these countries are all neighbours (Thailand alike), won't be surprised to see interesting combination of rebuilds (in years to come).
      Last edited by Kiat; 12-09-2016, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• RALF
        RALF commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for your reply Kiat.
        I will see If I can get some inside pics and see what other goodies we don't get here in Australia.
        One of the items that I thought we would get here is the LED lighting and Video screen on the top spec model (Crusade) interior.

I wonder What the chances are of getting our hands on one of these genuine fortuner bonnets here in oz and whether or not they would bolt straight on...??? They look the goods thats for sure!!!

Comment

the scoop would be great for extra engine cooling
        2016 GX , in White

Comment

Working...
        X