Accessories mode....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessories mode....

When turning off the car (push button) is there a way to have accessories on?? If you put car in park then press button it turns everything off. If you leave it in gear then press button it will leave the radio on..... Is that the only way?

can have car in park, press button without putting foot on brake

Comment

Car in park. Press once (without foot on brake) for acc, press again for all acc (with foot on brake) , a third time (without foot on brake) will turn everything off.
      You can start the car at any point by putting your foot in brake and pressing start.

Comment

Try it.
        Sit in the car with your key close.
        Push the buttom once twice and 3 times and 4 and thats the full cycle
        Put foot on break to start on any press

Comment

Just tried; car running, in park, foot off brake....
          Press button =car turned everything off.
          The user manual says any gear except park will leave the accessories on.....

Comment

Ive done it in neutral

Comment

Originally posted by Bretts-Forty View Post
              Ive done it in neutral
              Yeah.... It will leave accessories on in any gear except Park.

Comment

was wondering the same thing. But in a manual

Comment

In a manual just press the button without stepping on the clutch. It will cycle through Acc, On and off.

Comment

Will give that a try kzen

Comment

Didn't work

Comment

Tonks.... the owners manual only talks about auto transmission cars "when left in any position other than P will switch to accessories mode"....
                        maybe it cant be done in a manual. Perhaps turn car off and press button again with out foot on clutch...... seems odd to not be able to do it in a manual.....

Comment

Page 179 of the manual says:
                          Modes can be changes by pressing the engine switch with the brake pedal (vehicles with automatic transmissions) or the clutch pedal (vehicles with manual transmission) released. (The mode changes each time the switch is pressed.)

So I get in the car, make sure it recognises that the key is in the car (says depress clutch pedal to start) and then WITHOUT depressing the clutch pedal I press the button. It then says "Accessory mode" on the display. If this doesn't work for you then take it to the dealer and report a fault.

Comment

Originally posted by kzen View Post
                            Page 179 of the manual says:
                            Modes can be changes by pressing the engine switch with the brake pedal (vehicles with automatic transmissions) or the clutch pedal (vehicles with manual transmission) released. (The mode changes each time the switch is pressed.)

So I get in the car, make sure it recognises that the key is in the car (says depress clutch pedal to start) and then WITHOUT depressing the clutch pedal I press the button. It then says "Accessory mode" on the display. If this doesn't work for you then take it to the dealer and report a fault.
                            Thats correct for start up..... but my original question was for turning off the car and wanting accessories on still.... owners manual says its possible if you leave it in any position except Park and turn car off -only for an auto.

Comment

Oh sorry, no, haven't found any way to do that. I just press the button twice. It's annoying as there's a pause as the stereo etc restarts.
                              Last edited by kzen; 25-09-2016, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X