Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mp3 usb

Hi Guys,

Just been looking at upgrading to the Fortuner Crusade as I now drive a Kluger Grande 2012.

I wanted to know if the USB input can play MP3's through the head unit? if not is there an input to do so?
    Secondly whats the switch I think its called "idle up" used for??

This is a great source of info on the fortuner.

We were looking for ages and bought the Crusade, best decision we've made. We use blue tooth to stream our iphones and hands free. works great. not sure about USB, havnt tried it yet.

We use idle up to warm up diesel engine and i believe its also ideal for winching and engine driven compressors etc.

Comment

Hi Miki, welcome to the forum. Yes you can play USB MP3. There is a USB port under the aircon control panel, next to the cigarette lighter. Alternatively, you can connect your iPhone directly to the headphone jack also at the USB port, or alternatively you can link up your phone to the multimedia player via Bluetooth connection.

Comment

Hi Miki

USB port is described as above and same for streaming. The Idle Up function according to the manual is used to warm the engine quickly to allow heat out of the air vents in cold weather. We use ours when placing load on the battery when car is idling, for example winching.

Btw, we love the Fortuner and for us the Crusade was worth the extra $. Only downside is the highway tyres

Cheers

Josh

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info, I didn't know that the USB was able to be used as the up link for playing music.

So how long do you have the idle up running for? do you need to use it on cold mornings? how long to you run it for or does it automatically switch off?

Originally posted by Bussa View Post
          Hi Miki

Btw, we love the Fortuner and for us the Crusade was worth the extra $. Only downside is the highway tyres

Cheers

Josh
          What are the downside of the tyres, noise, cost?????

Thanks,
          Miki

Comment

We use the Fortuner offroad. Highway tyres are a weak construction compared to A/T or M/T in a LT construction and lack the required grip offroad and self cleaning abilities in mud.

Advantage of the highway tyres are they are quiet and fuel efficient on road. Perfect if you drive mainly on road

Comment

Hi Bussa,

Thanks for the info.. Yeah it will be mainly on the road..

Comment

Just wondering if anyone noticed the USB mp3 playback speed is somewhat slower than normal?

Comment

Working...
                X