Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Hood Rubber Seal

Hi,
    My Fortuner doesn't have a rubber seal on the inside of the engine hood (holes are there but nothing fitted.)
    When i first got the car i was left wondering if it was supposed to be fitted and I was wondering if anyone out there has one fitted?
    i saw the attached picture in the Philippine Fortuner Forum and started to wonder if we're being given the bare bone models here in Oz?

It's not on any Fortuners here and AFIAK it's also not on Fortuner's in the Philippines. It's definitely an option from Thailand. I've seen it available on online stores in Thailand and Philippines.

Comment

• IGenius
      IGenius commented
      Editing a comment
      Please share the link of Online stores in Thailand or Phillipines

• uansari1
      uansari1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd also appreciate if you'd share a link to these stores. I've been unsuccessful in finding this seal, the one around the front windshield, or the ones that fit to the rear door edges.

• dandin
      dandin commented
      Editing a comment
      Here the result of a quick search.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6233...8951684160493/

You'll have to find someone to ship it because I doubt these sellers are too keen posting to Australia.

Please share the link

Comment

What's the point of having such a seal?

Comment

• RALF
        RALF commented
        Editing a comment
        Stop your engine bay from being covered in crap.

I dont know but i suspect the engine gets better cooling airflow without it
      2016 GX , in White

Comment

Tend to agree with White One re cooling / air flow. If the Tuners in the Phillipines & Thailand have petrol engines, maybe they don't need as much engine cooling hence the rubber seal. Not that I know, just 'spit balling"

Our DPF & other Tuner issues aside, car manufacturers put a lot of doe into research & development & I think Toyota would have put the seal in the diesel engine bay if they thought it was necessary. Again, without knowing & just my 2 cents worth....

Comment

I disagree with the thoughts on what the seal does. I think having the seal in place keeps more positive pressure in front of the radiator forcing the air through it rather than running around it.
          si'verfox

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
            Tend to agree with White One re cooling / air flow. If the Tuners in the Phillipines & Thailand have petrol engines, maybe they don't need as much engine cooling hence the rubber seal. Not that I know, just 'spit balling"

Our DPF & other Tuner issues aside, car manufacturers put a lot of doe into research & development & I think Toyota would have put the seal in the diesel engine bay if they thought it was necessary. Again, without knowing & just my 2 cents worth....
            I don’t know about you, but my engine bay is ridiculously dusty after a couple of weeks. This would help keep it cleaner I believe.

Comment

Yep. Dust, water and mud always seem to find their way into an engine bay. But, its part of the fun & experience owning a 4WD & using it for what its made for.

Comment

Working...
              X