Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side step noise

Hi Fortuner Users,
    Okey I have been puzzled lately and it drove me mad on why I keep on hearing this rattling/crackling/grilling noise whilst driving to Sydney and Canberaa. The noise didn't go away and u until now it is very persistent. I took the car to the dealer to have it checked and the mechanic is convinced he could hear something unsual. Now he thinks it's the left side step and the flap towards the end part of it that needs checking. On tapping the actual sidesteps and the end flaps, seems very loose and wobbly. I have to check my mates Prado and upon checking his is very firm and no noticeable noice. I just wonder, has anyone of you got the same experience or ideas on this. Im kinda dissappointed on how Toyota has assembled this part.
    Regards,
    River(manny)

Hi river, on positive side is the sidestep is not as complicated as the engine. So tightening the sidesteps bolts should solve the issue ?

Comment

Hello River, Did you have any luck with your rattle noise? Did it turn out to be the side steps?

Comment

Hey Mick66, yeah it turned out to be the side steps and a flap behind it. My local dealer fixed the issue and so far it has been running noise free.

Comment

Good to hear! Thanks River.

Comment

Hi river, I'm getting the same thing. Do you know how they fixed it? did they replace it? I'm thinking of doing it myself?

Comment

Sorry for a delayed reply, yeah they have fixed it and the noise is gone now. Apparently it was the flaps at the end of the side steps and everytime you accelerate in a fast mode this noise comes out. So they have fixed it and noise free now mate.

Comment

Working...
              X