Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine Knock noise when push the pedal hard, up on ramp + rattle noise from dashboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Knock noise when push the pedal hard, up on ramp + rattle noise from dashboard

Hi Guys, own my GXL now on 7k. I am now annoying by 2 different noise come form engine and the dashboard.

1 Engine knocking sound
    It happens when push the pedal hard, up on ramp or accelerating. Sounds like a piece of metal knocking on engine or like a metal flap open and close on high frequency. Searched online said maybe issue of injector?

2 Rattle sound comes from inside of dashboard around head unit
    It happens when engine on around 2000 rpm. Feel like something loose in dashboard and resonance with the engine under certain frequency. Quite loud indeed and can not be ignored.

These two sound really annoying me at the moment. Has any one has the same issue with me or any advise?

Take her to the selling dealer and tell them you're not happy.

Comment

Is it similar to this? https://www.fortunerforum.com.au/for...ting-at-100kph
      Cheers Dave
      2015 GX Auto

Comment

Originally posted by RALF View Post
        Take her to the selling dealer and tell them you're not happy.
        Not sure about the first, bit the rattle noise sounds like a known turbo problem, which happens around 1500-2000rpm. I'm taking mine to the delaer for a replacement.

Comment

• Bussa
          Bussa commented
          Editing a comment
          42ner what is the known turbo issue?

• 42ner
          42ner commented
          Editing a comment
          Bussa, some defect with the turbine, but rather isolated to certain production batch.

But the noise coming from the dashboard seems to be related to the air cond pipes from the engine bay–they are too rigid, thus rattling the cabin components of the A/C. Was told that an official technical document has been issued relating to this matter. Problem solved after replacing the connector pipes to less rigid models..
      Working...
      X