2016 Fortuner Workshop Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Fortuner Workshop Manual

I have been searching the interweb and found none. There is one from the Toyota Website tho. 16.99/day subscription. I have not tried it yet but will have a look and find a way to copy/print/or scan these documents and post it in the forums. If you have it already, please share it with the community! Thanks!

Sent emails out to Gregorys & other publishers re the Fortuner workshop manual. Those who bothered to get back to me advised Toyota haven't sold enough of the Fortuners to warrant them putting out a manual.

My last 4WD was a year 2000 GU Patrol with the 3lt TD engine. At the time I asked a stall holder at the Rosehill (NSW) show for a workshop manual & was told until Nissan sell a few thousand of them, Gregorys or others won't put out a workshop manual. I got one about the year 2002.

Comment

I subscribed for a day , best i could do was download most of the wiring diagrams as PDF files , which ive stored on a flash drive. As for the mechanical section there is not much you can do its mostly interactive menus which you cant save locally. and even then all they keep saying is - " replace component" which is a bit useless really. Dealers have access to a special website not available to the public and it is just as useless , ive seen it. A lot of info is not released citing confidential information , or in other words - bring you car in to us to fix.

maybe once the Hilux numbers build up we can use a Hilux manual.
      2016 GX , in White

Comment

There's one in ebay. CD covering 2002-201x models including the 1GD-FTV model! $15. might be worth a try. I am waiting for my friend to come back from a holiday in Thailand and maybe he can source it from over there. Anybody here know the Thai Language? haha!

We will need to know the torque specs for mechanical components, the part numbers for cylinder head gaskets, and many many more, 80,000 kms for a diesel Toyota will come up quick! haha
        Last edited by cheekydonkey; 18-12-2016, 09:16 PM.

Comment

I agree it would be nice to have the info in a readily available format , I'll look for the CD myself and see what happens. There are plants in Indonesia and South Africa so may be worth a try too. If your friend can go to one of the car tuner shops in Bangkok maybe they can find one.
        2016 GX , in White

Comment

Originally posted by White One View Post
          I subscribed for a day , best i could do was download most of the wiring diagrams as PDF files , which ive stored on a flash drive. As for the mechanical section there is not much you can do its mostly interactive menus which you cant save locally. and even then all they keep saying is - " replace component" which is a bit useless really. Dealers have access to a special website not available to the public and it is just as useless , ive seen it. A lot of info is not released citing confidential information , or in other words - bring you car in to us to fix.

maybe once the Hilux numbers build up we can use a Hilux manual.
          Does the wiring diagrams include cruise control?

Comment

yes , the cruise control diagrams are on the Toyota website
            2016 GX , in White

Comment

Emailed Max Ellery being one of the publishers for workshop manuals. They replied saying that while new cars to the market place are still under the manufacturer's warranty, workshop manuals won't be released. If that's correct, hopefully we might see them available sometime in 2018 ??

Comment

Hey all. Sorry to drag up an old thread, but has anyone managed to source a workshop manual for the Tuners. Had a quick look on the web but couldn't see anything for the Aust. Fortuner

Comment

Nothing available that i can see either . There is a badly hacked Prado one available on ebay but requires web access and cannot be used offline , making it not very useful
                  2016 GX , in White

Comment

Thanks White One. Just one of things a non mechanic like would like to have. With the same engine & boxes in the Prado Hilux & Tuners, maybe some day!!

Comment

Working...
                    X