Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downhill Assist Control (DAC)

Hi all.
    I've a GX auto & was wondering if anyone out there knows if its possible to have Toyota fit the DAC to GX models & what the cost might be.

I'm getting it serviced in January but thought I'd ask on the Forum before I asked Toyota.

In theory its the same system as ABS ,but using different software. Let us know how you go.
    2016 GX , in White

Comment

White One; apparently there's no computer upgrade to activate the DAC system on the GX model, as the GX doesn't come with DAC sensors, & apparently isn't available as an aftermarket install either... according to the guy I dealt with.

My 2000 model GU Patrol which I traded for the Tuner never had a DAC feature so going downhills without it in the Tuner shouldn't worry me too much.

Comment

• dandin
        dandin commented
        Editing a comment
        I wonder which sensors they refer to, because my GX has all sorts of wheel speed/acceleration/decel/steering angle sensors that I can see all working

ok thanks for letting us know.
      2016 GX , in White

Comment

DAC works well, but 1st low and tapping the brakes when required is just as effective.

Comment

First time I have ever used it was today and it worked wonderfully.

Comment

I’ve the same requirement

Comment

Guys, if you're concerned about controlling your downhill speed, you have a cruise control . Just switch on the cruise control and set the speed you wish to move downhill at . The cruise control will slow the vehicle down if it exceeds the selected speed.
              Cheers.

Comment

• mrh460
                mrh460 commented
                Editing a comment
                Cruise control does not work at speeds below 40km/h.

DAC operates below 30km/h in H4 or L4 only.

• Spook1205
                Spook1205 commented
                Editing a comment
                Cruise control will not operate the braking system either unfortunately.

Thanks for that blokes. I was't aware.
              Cheers

Comment

Working...
              X