Factory Stock Tyre Pressures - City/Highway Driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory Stock Tyre Pressures - City/Highway Driving

Hey all, what tyre pressures do you run on the black top? with the factory standard bridgestone duelers
    I run mine at 32 PSI - 34 PSI (based on this converter: i'm running just on factory recommended KPA) https://www.sensorsone.com/tyre-pres...version-table/

I'm running a fraction over the recommended 200kPa (29 PSI) cold tyre pressure.

Comment

I pumped 34PSI last month. pressure may have gone down a little by now. Ride feels smoother & more comfy now, but feels a little sluggish at higher speeds & when making tight turns.

Comment

I have started running mine at 35psi. Im seeing if it makes a difference to economy. The ride is slightly rougher but i guess thats why the factory says to run 30psi. Its around comfort not economy?

Comment

Hey Guys, i run 29psi, super smooth on the freeways at 110, but feels all the potholes / bumps on bad roads.

Comment

I think that feeling all the small pits and bumps on sealed roads is just a characteristic of the Fortuner. It's the trade-off for being a more than capable off-road vehicle. It's funny though that small imperfections in 2H on the bitumen is a bumpier ride than corrugations on a dirt road in 4H.

Comment

I'm running BFG A/T KO2s at -

38psi (260kPa) normal road pressure
              30psi (205kPa) fast dirt roads
              22psi (150kPa) off road
              16psi (110kPa) soft sand

I believe that the recommended on-road pressure is too low.
              2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

I run mine at 37 PSI. As I do 320kms a day for work commitments, I finally found the sweet spot for comfort and economy. at 37 psi, you have a bit of allowance for thermal expansion and contraction depending on tyre temperature, and road temperature. On really hot days like these, the tyre pressure goes up to 40 PSI after 160 km road trip on hot asphalt. So you do have a bit of allowance for sidewall flex and that sort of safe operating window. I can get about 13kms/liter on the highway with my GX Auto.

I used to run 30 PSI and I found that the car can wallow a bit in the corners due to the 265 65 17 tyres high sidewall. A higher pressure can negate that. But people have different preferences and load that they carry everyday. So it's up to you really.

Comment

Hi all,
                  We picked up our ex demo Furtuner just before Christmas. Have done about 2000 kms in it now and have found the car to feel a bit nervous at times when cornering, especially rural highway driving. I was running 36 psi initially, then increased to 42 psi. Have dropped back down to 36 psi now having found 42psi just too hard for day to day driving.
                  As this vehicle is being used predominantly as my wife's daily driver, looking for some advice on what options I could consider to improve the overall comfort and handling.
                  Otherwise, we couldn't be happier with our decision to get the Fortuner.......

Comment

• thehunteroz
                    thehunteroz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey Mdyson, I found when i had my steel bullbar fitted the handling seemed to be less "nervous" due to the added weight over the front end. That being said a suspension upgrade may also help you, i'm still saving my pennies for a tow bar, so i can get a long range tank put on eventually, will also add on a rear wheel carrier everything seems around the $2k - $2500k mark
                Working...
                X