Date of purchase and Mileage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date of purchase and Mileage.

The title says it. I got my tuna 19th of August 2016. So far i've done 45,000 kms without any issues. How about you?

Late Oct 2015 - just ticked over 30,000km

No problems mechanically

only gripe is the daylight robbery toyota is committing in providing a replacement key. Astronomical markup.
    Last edited by 4Tuner; 12-02-2017, 05:01 PM.
    Crusade, Summit Bar, Dobinsons Monotube, BFG AT.

Comment

early Oct 2016. 8500klm. had the fuel filter replaced under warranty and now its doing DPF burns too often. should be sorted at 10k i hope.
      2016 GX , in White

Comment

Early Nov 15. 30,000kms and no problems.

Comment

Mid May 2016, 15,000kms and no problems.

Comment

30th May 2016, 11,000km and no problems

Comment

Mid July 2016, 20000kms and all ok, except rear spring sag from camp gear loading.

Comment

August 2016 , 11,000km, auto transmission issue rectified at 10k service, crap handbrake, no other problems Love the thing!

Comment

September 2015, 23000km, DPF needs changing better now under warranty then later costing $$$$, no major issues, very happy

Comment

December 2015, 25000km, auto transmission issue rectified at 20k service, rattles in dash, minor DPF issue, other than that love it.

Comment

18000km, I love Toyota. But at this stage this vehicle hasn't been the greatest. Exhaust leak into cabin through air conditioning in take.(exhaust sensor not bolted in at factory I think). Not sure that the DPF even works anymore never hear it working not sure if that is normal. Toyota replaced Air Conditioner under warranty as air compressor was very very noisy.

Comment

• 4Tuner
                        4Tuner commented
                        Editing a comment
                        How was the exhaust leak identified?

• Mitchyboy
                        Mitchyboy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        HI 4Tuner. The exhaust leak was from the exhaust sensor not being bolted into the exhaust (i think the factory didn't bolt it in) leaving the exhaust sensor just floating around in the engine bay. When stopped at the lights exhaust gases would then go into the engine bay out the bonnet into the air con intake. That is why I have been asking lots of questions in to relation of DPF. My wife said she use the hear the PDF making sounds. But has never heard then since. I'm worried that the sensor is not working anymore. Ive asked Toyota Mentone they tell me its working but I never hear it. Do you hear yours?

• 4Tuner
                        4Tuner commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ok so you identified it.. rather than the dealer. Was it the smell that made you first think there was a problem? Just want to know what to look out for.

I don't hear the DPF but given the comments i will pay more attention in listening for it and ask next service

I normally notice the engine is running slightly higher revs

Comment

4Tuner If you have a snorkel fitted then it is much more noticeable when the DPF burn is happening, i have noted based on my OBDII reader that the Exhaust Gas Temperature sensor hits about 700 degrees during a DPF burn, additionally when the DPF is burning you will notice a rubber smell from the rear drivers side of the vehicle.

Comment

The air (cabin air intake) is sealed off from the engine bay! that's pretty bad that it was actually going onto the cabin! - That's a dangerous screw up.
                          DPF - Engine revs will rise above 1K and if you wind down the window you should hear a bit of a suction, definitely much louder with the snorkel.

Comment

Working...
                          X