Fortuner Crusade Vs Prado Altitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fortuner Crusade Vs Prado Altitude

I notice Toyota have released pricing and Specs for the 2017 Prado Altitude Special edition today. A quick google brings up several articles released today.

It's more refined and has a sunroof, leather interior, Rear seat DVD system and no speare wheel on the tailgate (Reduces fuel tank capacity to 87L).

It will retail for around $73K drive away ($68,230 plus on road costs). I understand it's different to the Fortuner, but in a lot of ways it is the same as well...

I think you can buy a Fortuner Crusade for around $60K drive away. (What are people paying for their Crusades at the moment?).

Is the Prado Altitude worth an extra $13K ?

Rich.

Just think, you could get a Fortuner crusade and with the $13k get, lifted, bigger tyres, bull bar, winch, tow ball, roof platform, 2nd battery, fridge in the back. Or you can buy a Prado and start saving again

Honestly just take them both for a drive, id pick the one that i enjoy driving more.

Comment

On that point, you can get the GX Fortuner, for $50k, have a rear dual wheel carrier bar done $2k, add a long range aux tank $2k, lift kit circa $2k, steel bull bar $2k = $8K and you've got a prado. may need to upgrade GVM but you just need to get an engineer to sign off on it. the Aux tank adds like 110KG to the vehicle.

Comment

Advantages of Prado Altitude over Fortuner:

Black leather interior as opposed to ugly brown.
        Sunroof
        Rear Seat DVD system
        AWD system
        Better stereo with 14 speakers
        Drives a lot smoother.
        Seems to have less issues, particularly that wandering all over the road issue sever Fortuner owners have written about on this forum.

Advantages of Fortuner over Prado Altitude:

Outside looks better
        Better/more modern dash with colour Multi Information Disply
        Better / Quicker acceleration
        Rear Diff Lock standard
        Auto tailgate
        Third row seats are removeable, allowing more cargo space.
        Voice activation on stereo
        Paddle shifters for automatic
        Tows slightly more
        Cooler box in dash.

Fortuner is about $13K cheaper.

Comment

Fortuner comes in manual...

Comment

Could any Crusade owners please tell me if there is a button on the key to remotely open the automatic tailgate?

Comment

• Kiat
              Kiat commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes there is a tailgate remote button. Need to press a few sec to activate. But only works when tailgate button is enabled (on) on dashboard.

The wandering issue is the same with my previous Hilux & work ute (current model Triton). Could it be the fact neither of these vehicles are full-time 4WD, like the Prado and 200 Series? I can't really complain about it, because i have always experienced it, so I don't have and issue with that. Don't actually have any issues. Would be good if someone made a re-placement long range tank, instead of Aux...
            Last edited by Skardo22; 08-04-2017, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skardo22 View Post
              The wandering issue is the same with my previous Hilux & work ute (current model Triton). Could it be the fact neither of these vehicles are full-time 4WD, ...
              No it is the absolutely SH!T Dunlop tyres that Toyota persist in fitting. Not only are they too soft in the sidewall and have rounded edges but they will only give you approx. 35,000km life.
              Get rid of them and get an decent brand such as the Yokohama G015 or the Coopers AT3. Both come in the correct OEM sizes for 17" or 18" rims.

Comment

• Skardo22
                Skardo22 commented
                Editing a comment
                ive hankook at's OEM size and 2' lift. plus whenever i drive it on hwy it has a caravan on the back lol... Also my work ute had dunlops and like you said, why were replaced after 30,000 and i noticed it wandering.

Originally posted by Hylife View Post

No it is the absolutely SH!T Dunlop tyres that Toyota persist in fitting. Not only are they too soft in the sidewall and have rounded edges but they will only give you approx. 35,000km life.
              Get rid of them and get an decent brand such as the Yokohama G015 or the Coopers AT3. Both come in the correct OEM sizes for 17" or 18" rims.
              Granted, we only do sand around our part of the world, but I did 105,000 KMs on my Dunlop AT20s and they has tread left!!! Crazy, I know.

Comment

Skardo22; if you go to the Aftermarket section of the forum you'll find the heading "Fuel Tank" and a few comments which may help. A few weeks back I posted.....

The Long Ranger Fuel Tank people got back to me last week via email & said ""we will be looking at the Fortuner over the next few months and I believe that we will be looking at a replacement tank as well as an aux tank."" No mention if either of these options require the spare to be relocated.

Also, still no word back from ARB headquarters as a result of my writing (not emailing) them on their tank yet.

Comment

Working...
                X