Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recall for ECU reprogram

Hi All,

According to the "mytoyota" site (if registered), there is a (non-safety related) recall for ECU reprogram affecting Hilux/Fortuner/Prado:

Details:

Notification date: 14/06/2017
    Recall code: GGG38
    Recall description: ECU REPROGRAM FOR IMV / PRADO
    What your Dealer will review: HILUX INSPECT CALIBRATION ID OF ECM, HILUX REPROGRAM ECM, HILUX REPLACE ECM (IF REPROGRAM FAILED)

You can also follow this on pradopoint:
    http://www.pradopoint.com.au/showthr...-ECM-Reprogram
    or newhilux:
    http://www.newhilux.net/phpbb/viewto...af314f700ce151

The suggestion is that it is DPF related, perhaps tweaking the parameters for entering a DPF burn to avoid the DPF problems (white smoke, high fuel usage) seen in a few cases across the three vehicles.

I had mine updated today. Haven't noticed any changes, though have only driven 20ks since.
    FWIW, I've not had any problems with my fortuner (20k klms), DPF or otherwise.

Dave

Thanks Dave for the heads up. I logged in to MyToyota and confirmed the same notifications too.

Quite sure is related to the way DPF burning is controlled. I had the white smoke issue at least once or twice, that I noticed, maybe there were more. DPF is very little, seems almost non existent nowadays.

Will have mine serviced coning week. It's good that Toyota is looking into it.

Comment

I created a profile and logged onto my Toyota, and there was nothing in the recall area. I assume this is where you look (under vehicle details)?
      It just states "No Recall History Found".

Perhaps because mine of a recent build (03/2017) and already has it incorporated.
      Last edited by rich; 25-06-2017, 09:59 AM.

Comment

mine is going in next week , i'll report back.
        also asked them to look into why the car keeps getting flat batteries.
        2016 GX , in White

Comment

• Bussa
          Bussa commented
          Editing a comment
          Our Crusade is also suffering from a flat battery issue. It has been dead flat twice now and we have roadside assistance visit. Toyota test it and refuse to accept any fault. Let me know how you go with this.

Cheers!

• thehunteroz
          thehunteroz commented
          Editing a comment
          Hmmm i have heard things about the push button start/key fob entry systems always polling for the key fob hence draining the battery you guys got any major mods?

mines a GX , and i have plenty of electrical mods , but all running off the aux battery. I'm starting a separate topic about it.
        2016 GX , in White

Comment

Found this driver information... Didnt drive much over weekend, but hope this ECU update pops up some indication when DPF burning taking place.

(for vehicles without the DPF switch)

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2582.JPG Views:	1 Size:	229.3 KB ID:	6740
          Last edited by Kiat; 02-07-2017, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Kiat
            Kiat commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok just had the first regen after ECU update, no indicator appear on meter display. So looks like it only appears when DPF is full and regen was not triggered due to speed below 60. But the regen seem quicker than usual, maybe ECU set to regen more frequently.
            Last edited by Kiat; 03-07-2017, 07:38 PM.

i havent done enough klm yet but i think the burns are more frequent , which would keep the DPF from filling up too high. all this does is use more fuel , and add more emissions to the environment . lovely
          2016 GX , in White

Comment

Hi,
            had my 30K service done today at 24,600 and was told about the ECU update.
            was told it was the result of customer feedback which has made changes to performance and gear changes.
            So-far ive noticed that the gear changes seem a bit smoother.

cheers,

Ralf

Comment

So pretty sure I've had the update after the last service, the dpf seems to be running on a lot longer. Dpf use to come on then turn off after maybe 60kms, but now it seems like it turns off after maybe 90-110kms. I do mostly high way Monday to Friday. Does this sound excessive, I use to get 850kms from one tank but has dropped to 799-800kms. Anyone else have something similar?

Comment

yes , the update does increase fuel consumption. it makes the DPF burn hotter and for longer , less chance of it getting blocked.
                2016 GX , in White

Comment

I had the update a couple of months ago and definitely noticed more regular and longer DPF burns

Comment

Working...
                  X