Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slip indicator light

Hi all
    After doing some sand dunes at stockton beach my slip indicator light is staying on. Anyone else had this??

yep i had it once. Had to take it back to dealer to get it reset. Took them about 5 minutes to sort it. Aparently the steering angle sensor was detecting a turn, but the wheel speed sensors didnt show a turn occuring so it shat itself. My OBDII reader couldnt find a fault code.

Just be warned, it actually disables the traction control completely, so take it easy if there are any wet roads etc. I told them at the dealer that it was a big safety issue, and they just shrugged it off

Comment

Just curious - Did you do a long press of the VSC OFF switch to disable TRC, A-TRC and VSC when you were driving on sand?
      I always do this, and it has worked well at Stockton.
      2015 GX auto / Genuine steel bull bar, snorkel and tow package / Ultimate suspension / Rhino sliders / BFG KO2s / ORS drawers ...

Comment

Hi Kyle,

Yes, this happened to me on Fraser Island as mentioned here:
        https://www.fortunerforum.com.au/for...-fraser-island

Dave

Comment

Thanks guys 😀..MRH460 yeah always disable traction control on sand but couldn't get vsc to disable..how long do you have to hold it?

Comment

The 'long press' takes about 3-5sec I think, but you have to be stationary! You cannot long-press once the car is moving.
            This is definitely worthwhile doing when in high-range on soft sand (particularly boggy chopped-up stuff, e.g. high traffic areas), as the TRC system robbing engine power is not helpful!
            In particularly difficult situations, just use low-range instead, it seems to disable/detune most things (including the engine-cutting TRC), without any button-pressing required.

Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave 👍

Comment

Working...
              X