Looking at purchasing a Fortuner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at purchasing a Fortuner

Hi all, im based in Perth and looking at buying a GX fortuner. Im just wondering what ppl paid for their GX? Is it worth spending the extra coin for the GXL?

Hey mate welcome along, I think i paid about $47-50K for mine don't exactly remember. The GXL comes with more "fruit" but realistically it's just "fruit" you can spend the extra cash on doing up a GX. mechanically it's the same vehicle except for Downhill Assist Control which you don't really need anyway, you should jump onto the Perth Fortuner Forum on Facebook as well.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/608236036015177

Comment

Surprising I love the smart entry / start on the gxl, and the roof rails are there. Shop around for a demo in good nick and get them to throw in tow bar, matts, tint, anything else you think of. I got a pretty good deal with 2013 base territory trade in, change over $25k, I was happy.

Comment

http://unsealed4x4.com.au/u4x4/issue...d+links%2A#162
        this is Pats latest articles, and rates the Fortuner as number one in its class

Comment

I agree with Frazza... the smart entry/start on the GXL is something you won't regret once you have it.

Comment

I've done 99,771 kms on GX Auto within 14 months and no issues whatsoever. It is out of the Toyota Stealership Warranty. Heavy duty use, serviced in our own garage, and has not given us any grief. Replaced 4 tyres at 70,000 kms. We are using the 5W-30 ACEA C2 from Penrite. 4wd system works perfectly, a bit tricky to engage but you will get the hang of it eventually. Light enough to bounce off any ruts. Can out-navigate a Prado on the sand dunes and mudholes. Chassis is good and almost disappointingly too reliable. Suspension is stiffer than the prado but better than the hilux. It's cheap to maintain once you have bought bulk service consumables: RE: 208 liter drum of Penrite Oil ($1501.00), (30xoil filters at $280), (10x fuel filters $277). The rest of the consumables can be purchased as you go but the essentials need to be there ready and available. It will save you heaps. You need to buy a Toyota DPF specific Diagnostic Tool. The Foxwell 510 is doing alright, however there are probably better ones out there. I already have a spare DPF which I bought for $1,200 from a hilux wreck. Looking for another one just to store as a spare. (Vacuum Sealed the spare DPF to keep it safe from moisture).

Comment

Originally posted by cheekydonkey View Post
              I've done 99,771 kms on GX Auto within 14 months and no issues whatsoever. It is out of the Toyota Stealership Warranty. Heavy duty use, serviced in our own garage, and has not given us any grief. Replaced 4 tyres at 70,000 kms. We are using the 5W-30 ACEA C2 from Penrite. 4wd system works perfectly, a bit tricky to engage but you will get the hang of it eventually. Light enough to bounce off any ruts. Can out-navigate a Prado on the sand dunes and mudholes. Chassis is good and almost disappointingly too reliable. Suspension is stiffer than the prado but better than the hilux. It's cheap to maintain once you have bought bulk service consumables: RE: 208 liter drum of Penrite Oil ($1501.00), (30xoil filters at $280), (10x fuel filters $277). The rest of the consumables can be purchased as you go but the essentials need to be there ready and available. It will save you heaps. You need to buy a Toyota DPF specific Diagnostic Tool. The Foxwell 510 is doing alright, however there are probably better ones out there. I already have a spare DPF which I bought for $1,200 from a hilux wreck. Looking for another one just to store as a spare. (Vacuum Sealed the spare DPF to keep it safe from moisture).
              Hey CD, have you been over the engine bay and wheel wells checking for any cracks?

Comment

I purchased the 2017 gxl, best bang for buck in my opinion.
                paid $56k with genuine toyota snorkel, roof racks and rubber mats through whole car Also proper all terrain tyres.

then added $14k of accessories 😝

Comment

Working...
                X