Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• danbg
    replied
    Thank you, will do. glad to hear you are enjoying yours...looking forward to it!

Leave a comment:

• Pearltuna
    commented on 's reply
    no problem mate, keep shopping, you will find the one that ticks all the boxes for you and you will not be dissapointed, absolutely love my fortuner!
    Traded up from 100 series landcruiser 😊

• danbg
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks very much, just what I needed. Good point you raise around contaminated oil-highlights the increased risk of infrequent servicing!

very much appreciated.

• Pearltuna
    commented on 's reply
    my biggest concern with modern diesel engines is the dpf combined with egr.
    There have been many people finding engine oil contaminated with diesel, if this is occurring then it is even more critical to ensure oil is changed as regularly as possible to avoid accelerated wear caused by oil dilution

• Pearltuna
    replied
    "If I leave a lengthy time between services, will this impact my warranty? Regular scheduled servicing is vital to maintain the performance of your car. You should always follow the recommended service intervals as outlined in your vehicle Warranty & Service Handbook, including any additional service requirements that your vehicle may need. Your Toyota warranty does not cover damage caused by inadequate maintenance."

that's off the Toyota FAQ section

Leave a comment:

• danbg
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the info and quick response, yes I'm a bit suspicious, although would have thought that being a Toyota dealership I would be OK? I have asked for written assurances before I progress any further.
    regards,

• Pearltuna
    replied
    Service interval is 10,000 if first service done at 15,000 then it could void warranty.
    although if missing that service could not have contributed to the fault then you "may" be right.

personally I would steal clear of a car that had poor service history like that, especially diesel cars, I'm doing my first service at 5000klm

Leave a comment:

• danbg
    started a topic Service intervals

Service intervals

Hi All,

After some advice...I am looking at a second hand 2016 Fortuner and noticed the first service was completed at 15,000 km. The service book suggests this should be done at 10,000. Can anyone confirm the Service Intervals and if this would affect warranty?

Many thanks in advance.
Working...
X