Car Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Maintenance

I'm interested in doing a car maintenance course that covers how to service and diagnose problems, change brakes etc around the Sydney area. Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

Hey mate there will be no official course that can teach you that. Being a licensed industry and safety in such as brakes it’s only available to apprentices or you could pay a commercial rate. I know this cause I’m the guy that trains and assess the apprentice mechanics.
    Better idea would be come to the south coast for the weekend and I’ll show you how to pull your car apart and whatever else you keen on.
    Last edited by Spook1205; 20-12-2017, 05:05 AM. Reason: Added info

Comment

not that i know of. Back when i lived in Sydney there were community college courses run in the evenings which covered basic car stuff. dont know if they are still around though.
      2016 GX , in White

Comment

• Spook1205
        Spook1205 commented
        Editing a comment
        Government cut funding years ago and really only like to put money into courses that end up with a qual and work outcome. In TAFE I have seen so many courses disappear because of no funding, most outreach style programs, basic literacy, all the hobby type courses gone because people don’t have the money or won’t pay the commercial rate.
        Biggest section to suffer was the Arts department they got wiped about 10 years ago. Due to people did it for a hobby or to enhance the job they already had = no real outcome for government.

Thanks guys. The community college course mentioned by White One is the type of thing I'm after. I think some real basic maintenance know-how is more important than the things I found;;; Natural face care (trust me, no amount of care can help this face). Basket weaving (the wife already thinks I'm a basket case). Here's a goody, Hair styling (for me this should be wig styling).

Spook, I may just take you up on that offer once the silly season is out of the way. Its just nice to know some stuff if anything goes wrong, as none of the guys I go away with are mechanics.

Comment

• Spook1205
        Spook1205 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lots work going in the basket weaving industry👍

Hit me up when you are ready mate 🙂
    Working...
    X