Out of warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of warranty

in 130 km I’ll hit 90,000 km so no more warranty!
    so giving the Tuna it’s 90k km out of warranty service.

how long does everybody else got till warranty is gone?

being out of warranty isn’t really an issue I guess, would be if it was a ford Everest or the crap Holden make.

Oh hang on it’s 100,000 before warranty is up😂😂😂😂😂

Comment

so , warranty is 3 years or 100k , and capped price services end at 60k ?
      ive only got 25k on mine and will service myself when it runs out. Im very happy with the car overall but the DPF issue is the only thing i worry about. Still , if it goes im sure i can remove it , flush clean with chemicals and put it back in. the 5th injector looks easy enough to remove and clean up.
      2016 GX , in White

Comment

I checked the book when I got home and it is 3 years, 100k kms. Some reason I had 90k in my head, maybe vehicles had that warranty years ago. I can’t remember.
        the book said capped price till 60k kms so you are spot on.

its simple to service, recommend getting a Toyota oil filter tool.
        Front diff oil changes are a bit of a pain but easier on hoist.

if you hit the forced regen every tank of fuel I doubt you will have any DPF issues. From my continuous playing and observation of DPF the forced regen cleans it out pretty good. I think that is a great work around for driving conditions that are not ideal.

flushing out can be an issue with some chemicals cause you don’t want contamination of the oxidation catalyst which is in same canister.

Comment

what if say we had a blocked 5th injector , we took that off and cleaned it , then ran a forced burn , would that be enough to clear out a blocked DPF ? or is the DPF stuffed by that stage ?
          2016 GX , in White

Comment

If forced regens worked , wouldn't Toyota be doing that instead of replacing them when they come in with issues?

Comment

• Spook1205
            Spook1205
            Spook1205 commented
            Editing a comment
            A dealership will only get paid X amount of dollars by Toyota for each warranty job. If they spend too much time it’s lost money.
            A mechanic/ tech ID’s the fault then goes through a procedure, and that won’t include multiple forced regens to try and clean it to save the customer money from buying a new one.
            For Toyota dealership if it’s replaced it’s quick and they get paid. For Toyota paying the dealership it’s the most reliable cost effective outcome that puts the car back on the road for owner.
            A DPF may cost us $ thousands but cost for Toyota they would be cheap as.

So I got the 6 year 150k factory warranty for just over 1k, has anyone else taken that up?

Comment

• Spook1205
            Spook1205
            Spook1205 commented
            Editing a comment
            White one because you monitor your DPF you will know if and when it starts having problems. The total accumulation to 100% will be quicker and less kms travelled between each regen. When you notice this you can do something about it like an extended hard highway run and then a forced regen after and it will be unlikely you will need a replacement if you do the above.

Edit.
            I have done on a few occasions a forced regen after normal driving regen and it has brought the accumulation level down to 0% rather than the standard 6%.
            After the accumulation is very quick to about 70 to 80% then it instantly halves and then slowly increases. I think this is precaution put in because if forced regen has been detected it is deemed to have issues. But if DPF voltage remains low it just re evaluates itself. That’s my take on it.
            Spook1205
            Last edited by Spook1205; 02-02-2018, 05:48 AM. Reason: Extra info

• Miss Bee Haven
            Miss Bee Haven
            Miss Bee Haven commented
            Editing a comment
            White one. It's not a third party but an extended factory warranty, factory conditions apply. Apparently it's a newish offering.

• Miss Bee Haven
            Miss Bee Haven
            Miss Bee Haven commented
            Editing a comment
            Just thought ild add, I was speaking to the dealer today and was confirming the details about the warranty. It doesn’t need to be serviced by Toyota but it does need to be a licensed mechanic, but to continue the cappped price servicing it needs to be Toyota but can be any dealer. Everything covered by the factory warranty is covered.

I took up the 175k, 6 year warranty from the dealership itself. I am locked into servicing there. Given I am going to Toyota for the fixed price campaign offered by Toyota, and I entered into a contract with the dealer to cap the services at $220 per service after the Toyota fixed price servicing ends for the duration of the warranty period. Peace of mind for me (I can do mechanical basics only!) and cost next to nothing after negotiations.

Comment

Working...
        X