2015 Fortuner /Hilux recall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Fortuner /Hilux recall

Just read an earlier post on this - sorry.
    Toyota Australia has issued a recall for  some 2,526 Fortuners and 17,554 Hiluxes built between June and December 2015. A fault within the airbag sensor integrated circuits (ICs) is the reason for having the Fortuner and Hilux recalled. The ICs in the airbag sensors are subject to two seperate manufacturing faults, which may cause the …
    Last edited by gbrought; 08-02-2018, 05:51 AM. Reason: Just read an earlier post on this - sorry.

all , good . its not released on the MyToyota site yet and probably will be once parts become available
    2016 GX , in White

Comment

ok , its just been released on My Toyota - just says GUEST ADVICE ONLY REF SL0818 & LSL0618. so looks like 2 separate items. Im due for the 30,000 service so will let you all know the outcome
      2016 GX , in White

Comment

I wonder what they mean by Guest Advice Only.

Comment

I suspect its what they write when the parts are not available for the repair. someone else said parts wont be here till April.
          2016 GX , in White

Comment

• 4Tuner
            4Tuner commented
            Editing a comment
            I received an auto generated looking text message from my dealer this week to say "my parts have arrived" etc.

I haven't ordered any parts so this must be the recall.

Will phone them next week.

I just checked the Garage app again, the recall entry which was previously there been removed. Weird... also noticed my 2016 June service was not recorded, jumped straight from Jan to Dec.

Comment

you're right , my recall info is missing as well , but all else is there. maybe some sort of website problem
            2016 GX , in White

Comment

Dumb question but what is the garage app?

Comment

go to https://www.toyota.com.au/MyToyota register your car and details , then you have access to your service and recall history etc. its usually accurate but last week the recall details were there and now they arent
                2016 GX , in White

Comment

• Spook1205
                  Spook1205 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ah ok that’s why I have no idea or have never heard of it...

Looks like Toyota has just updated the app again.

The recall is back.

Comment

i got the 30k done today , The service manager was not aware of it until he checked the paperwork again as the dealer system generates the reports . Replacement ECUs are not in the country as yet , so the advice will be updated and customers advised once that happens .
                  2016 GX , in White

Comment

I had the same two recalls on the my garage app.

Took my 2015 gx in for the 50k service today & they said that nothing came up against my vin number about the airbag recall but there is a recall for an ecu update.

The update has something to do with the fifth injector squirting too much diesel for the dpf burn off.
                    I've never understood what all this meant reading the previous posts.

Hopefully someone else can elaborate.

Comment

those 2 recalls numbered 0618 and 0818 turn not not to be for the airbag , they are for the ABS brakes. the chipset on the board can fail without any indication so affected units are being replaced. Your brakes will still work ok but you wont have the ABS functionality . The replacement ABS ECU is not due till around April / May so letters wont go out till around then. My dealer was not aware of the recall either until i asked him to check again and there was a statement on the dealer sheet for it. watch this space .
                      im not aware of any other recall for the engine ECU / 5th injector , only the one last August which was done then
                      2016 GX , in White

Comment

• Spook1205
                        Spook1205 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I asked my Toyota contact and only ECU / DPF update that he was aware of was the old one.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X