Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear Internal Tail Gate Door opening handle ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Internal Tail Gate Door opening handle ??

Hi I have a GX Fortuner which doesn't have a internal opening handle for the rear lift up tail gate door, does any one know of after market or Toyota Assessory which can be fitted, I am getting Drifter draws and going to use the rear for sleeping in, being able to open rear from inside would be an advantage. (all my ex landcruisers were equiped with one)

I use my car for camping a lot , and ive pulled the lock apart to see if i could add a lever / cable , but its not easy. I ended up adding a push button switch across the Black / White / Black stripe wires so i can unlock the door electrically from inside.
    getting access to the manual release is too difficult i dont know why they did it like that
    Last edited by White One; 13-05-2018, 02:07 PM. Reason: extra info
    2016 GX , in White

Comment

white One
      thanks for the idea i think this is going to be a mod ill be doing

Comment

it only needs to be a pushbutton microswitch ( momentary ) , and placed where it wont be bumped when you are driving along. mine is under the small panel
        Last edited by White One; 13-05-2018, 02:06 PM. Reason: extra info
        2016 GX , in White

Comment

• blatchi
          blatchi commented
          Editing a comment
          what small panel?

• White One
          White One commented
          Editing a comment
          Im not sure about the other models , but the GX has a small removeable panel over the lock , which is what you remove to get to the emergency door release.

Thank's White One, I will do that mod, (you say Micro across the Black and White wires ???)

Comment

connect your ( momentary ) pushbutton across the Black and White / Black wires. White / Black is the earth wire.
          2016 GX , in White

Comment

Working...
          X