Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear bar and long range tank

Hi guys,
    I happened to drive past Kaymar HQ and was pleased to see their blue Fortuner has arrived. They have a fair few products they need to get released but it should be ready within 6 months.
    I also had a chat to the guys at Brown Davis and a long range tank is in the works and should also be available in the next few months.
    Great to see the aftermarket guys are planning lots of products for the Fortuner.

Yeah I was wondering what Kaymar were going to come up with. Cheers for finding out and letting us know.
    Fortuner Forum Default Signature!

Comment

27 June. Just spoke to Wally at Ultimate 4x4 in W.A. about a lang range fuel tank. They've a 114LT sub-tank that goes where the spare wheel is, meaning the spare would then need to be relocated onto a rear bar. Personally I'm trying to keep the car's GVM down. While I like the idea of the standard 80LT tank plus a 114LT sub-tank, I'm not keen on the added weight of a wheel carrier. I might wait to see who comes out with the one larger tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Leondis View Post
        27 June. Just spoke to Wally at Ultimate 4x4 in W.A. about a lang range fuel tank. They've a 114LT sub-tank that goes where the spare wheel is, meaning the spare would then need to be relocated onto a rear bar. Personally I'm trying to keep the car's GVM down. While I like the idea of the standard 80LT tank plus a 114LT sub-tank, I'm not keen on the added weight of a wheel carrier. I might wait to see who comes out with the one larger tank.
        You could always just get a cage for the roof and put the spare there. Id say it would be a lot lighter than the wheel carrier, plus you can centralise the tyre to even up the weight distribution

Comment

Unless the sub-tank is removable, you would need to keep the spare on the roof permanently (I believe a vehicle is unroadworthy without a spare) which isn’t ideal for everyday use, carparks and such!

Comment

Just went to Opposite Loc (Rockdale NSW) about a long range tank & spoke to Gordon. They do the 114 LT sub-tank, & put the spare elsewhere. AND, they also do Front-Runner roof rails for the GX. However, the rails are mounted inside the existing flat plastic strip, NOT on them, He did show me a photo, but he doesn't have the car, so I couldn't see it. CAUTION; Front Runner is a Sth African firm, but their Fortuners are apparently different to what we have here in Oz. Sth Africa have only just (according to Gordon) started receiving the same Fortuner now. Beware if you're thinking of sourcing products from overseas. By the way, I've no affiliation with any firm. I just think we need to know this stuff.....

Comment

• RALF
              RALF commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi mate,
              The SA Fortuners are identical to what we have here apart from some Engine options but are essentially the same car.
              They are also built overthere and not in Thailand like the others.
              Oh and they offer the 4 Litre V6 too as in the Prado which would make it a rocket.
              ;-()

http://toyota.co.za/ranges/fortuner#models

Originally posted by Anthony Leondis View Post
            CAUTION; Front Runner is a Sth African firm, but their Fortuners are apparently different to what we have here in Oz. Sth Africa have only just (according to Gordon) started receiving the same Fortuner now. Beware if you're thinking of sourcing products from overseas. By the way, I've no affiliation with any firm. I just think we need to know this stuff.....
            Hi Anthony,

I have seen some of the Front Runner stuff on other vehicles and in my opinion they look very good, also the support network seems good and I guess with everything at the moment, it is all new for the Fortuner and anything will really be a gamble at the moment, even with the bigger suppliers. If the quality appears good then it is just the support that they offer that will differentiate them from the bad apples.
            Fortuner Forum Default Signature!

Comment

Long range fuel tank; Hi all, got an email yesterday from my local ARB store who'd been in contact with 'Melbourne' re the long range tank. He was told there's no long range tank planned, as the sales figures for the Fortuner aren't high enough to justify their expenditure on developing a long range tank.

Personally I (& although I'm not involved in any way with vehicle developments), am disappointed with that line of thinking. They've already got a 112 lt & 140 lt tanks for the new shape Hilux. Although the Hilux has leaf springs & the Fortune coils, I don't think it'd be much of a stretch for ARB to develop a long range tank for Fortuners.

Comment

Thats disappointing, that they are just going to disregard a whole new line of vehicle just because sales have been slow to start with.

Comment

Who cares and why does it matter whether ARB are going to do a long range tank or not?!?!?! ARB are generally over priced and no longer the only reputable company providing 4WD gear in this country. Do some research and you will find there are dozens of great Australian manufacturers making just as good if not better gear for a heck of a lot less!! Get out and support the little guy....

Comment

Hey Guys i'm interested in a long range set up and wheel carrier and noticed Opposite Lock list Outback Accessories as having a wheel carrier and long range tank available for fortuners.

Havn't inquired about price yet. Here is a pic. I think this is just right for our set up. I'll let you know when I get a price

Comment

Hi all, so thought I'd share a link from the Longranger website. They have a 45L aux tank available for our tuna's now. All the details are on the site.

http://thelongranger.com.au/toyota/f...-current/ta80s

Cheers

Monaz

Comment

Tell 'em the price son

Comment

mrh460 is right. I took my Tuner to them & they had it a couple of days, & Longranger fashioned the prototype Longranger sub tank. Just a bit over 45 lts. No need to relocate the spare. Read the above link for more info.

Comment

Working...
                        X